Clownfish - Treatment Help

wastememphis

Hello,

I have two clown fish in a 34gallon solana tank, they've been in there for about two years now. Four days ago I noticed a small white object hanging from my one clown fish. I did a 5 gallon water change (RO/DI) and waited a day to see if anything changed. After a couple days it is still there and I started looking online to see if I can find anything about it. The picture below is something I found on google but it looks just like what my fish has. I do not have a spare tank set up to quarantine the fish but I would love some advise on this before I go that route. My tank is full of corals so I'd have to medicate outside of my display tank. I have an empty 10gallon tank waiting.... thanks for any advice!

I am a newbie and no expert by any means, however my clown showed the same thing for a few days. I left him alone and it disappeared. I dont know if it was an attached fecal matter or what, but it is gone. If your fish are healthy and eating, it might be wiser to leave them alone and just keep feeding and observing them. It seems common for clowns to have "cling on" poop strings since there are a bunch of pics online like your example.

Thanks for the input. She is still eating, I'm doing multiple feedings througout the day (as opposed to the once a day/every other day I use to). She no longer has the hanging material but it looks like there is a small portion of the body indented, I'll stay the course with feeding for now and try to get a picture tonight. I have posted the above picture in the treatment/disease forum aswell.

Thanks again.

Here is an updated pictures... she's still in the tank and eating. No word from the disease forum on what it could be! :sad1:

I'm not sure why the picture rotated when I added it but please look between the pectoral and the anal fin to see the location where it appears to be a piece "missing" from the fish. What caused this? Can it be saved????

She needs to go into the treatment tank with antibiotics ASAP, such as Maracyn plus or whatever you can find during the holiday weekend (Maracyn 2 salt or freshwater - the later needs to be administered at tripple dose; Furan). Let me know what you can get.

Thanks Marina,

I'll see if I can pick up Maracyn Plus tomorrow. Making RO/DI water as we speak... is it better to use the tank water in the Quarantine for a quick transfer? Then I can just top my display with the new saltwater?

Back