clubswam.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9289447#post9289447 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by msman825
I think they should get rid of this thread right from the start. My first time going to the site and bashing the LFS's right off the top.
If you feel that way you should post over there.
It's not bashing, but more of paid SWAM members and it's administration defining commercial interests in the club and keeping the club run by/for hobbyists, and not a business who has a conflicting commericial interest. The orginal frustration was from the percieved aggression at a LFS at the mere mention of SWAM, who then claimed the title (a every moot title) of sole founder. Bad experiences, like this, at any LFS should be posted and warn fellow members of the vendor.
If I heard you where going to a crappy LFS, and I tried to warn you from my previous experience, is that bashing? If you did that to me, I'd call it a favor.

Last edited:
just because one persons bad experience does not mean they have to run tell everyone that place ant worth a ****, are they are never going back. they should keep things like that to there selfs and decuss it with th store owner. not run a post what they think. if you go to a store and dont like it, just dont go back.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9289447#post9289447 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by msman825
I think they should get rid of this thread right from the start. My first time going to the site and bashing the LFS's right off the top.

An Example:

"just because one persons bad experience does not mean they have to run tell everyone that place ant worth a"

Nbatslast,

I noticed your interests, I assume you are fighting the power to be consumed by this hobby ;)

I believe there have been some that have suggested the thread be addressed in some shape or form but to no avail, at least from one, not sure about the other BOOs ...some are very quiet...

Not that it is an issue now, but since when does having one business on any BOD make any organization run by that one vote or opinion?

The founding of our 'Maine State Reefing Club??' (for further clarification, SWAM) appeared to be a big issue at the beginning of the post, it needed to be addressed ....I look over my shoulder and see clearly, no chip

Everybody will have different experiences at any shop, preconceived or not, these places are run by human beings....

Since I am a commercial interest, I have to post about this here as my comments, opinions nor input are not welcome on that particular thread....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9295642#post9295642 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hedonist
Nbatslast,

Not that it is an issue now, but since when does having one business on any BOD make any organization run by that one vote or opinion?

Big Tabacco-Not in DC
Pharmaceutical-Still having major issue due to their vote/opinion

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9249717#post9249717 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Punisher
Wow, cheap shot. I won't be back either per Dave

couldn't stay away:p ?

We are in no way the same ball park... I dare say no commercial interest has yet to offer dinners, trips whatever to sway a vote :lol:

So I quess it was a good thing you didn't drink that pepsi yesterday, Denise. It would have been misconstured as bribery. You should remember that if you offer refreshments at any of the meeting. Ok just my two cents. But what do I know except good people have been bashed and it isn't right.

I had to come back here and post.

MSMAN is the MAN! Charlie, please go back to the site and look around a little. The club does not endorse the 'bashing' of anything or anyone. It does happen sometimes but to err is to be human!

Jeeze Goldie I took that same bribe the other day. I feel like a politician now! :D

Dave

Actually I think that has recently be re-vised.. as long as a fork, knife or spoon is required to be utilized to consume the goods, it is fair game!

Fried chicken anyone:D

One pepsi done how many to go? Don't forget the watermelons with the fried chicken. And I agree no sharp objects should be allowed. Ok?

Take care Nancy

I must say, I was on the club swam forum, and I didn't get a negative feeling at all. There are plenty of useful threads on that forum.
Could it be that some folks only focus on the bad and overlook the worthwhile posts?

I've been reefkeeping for a while, and one thing I've noticed on message boards is that the folks that post just to argue generally move on. Some might recall that the BRS had the exact same growing pains when they started their own bulliten board, away from the rules of RC. Things will certainly settle down.

Reefcentral was born out of the same haste. Camps formed on another BB, Aqualink, and one particular member started RC as a place for one particular POV. This is all normal stuff. What makes the difference is how YOU react to the material. Getting worked up by somebody's opinion will wear away at you. Rise above it and go post to another thread, unless you really feel the urge to make your opnion heard... At that point I typically lose myself in some fishtank maintenance. I don't think I've ever done a waterchange when I wasn't ****sed off. :)

And the folks with irrational arguements will eventually fade away, capture by another interest with even more room for debates. People will drift in and out of this hobby relatively quickly. Maybe it's just me, but the ones who are in it for the long haul generally have a better online demeanor.

I recently had a guy wander up to my truck door at an intersection here in Fredericton, NB. He saw my "Charlie's" sticker on the tailgate, and wanted to know what a 'Mainer' was doing driving a truck with NB plates. We had a brief discussion, and it turns out that I used to work with his nephew!... efore he ran back to his vehicle, he told me "It goes to show that it's a small world-- You gotta behave yourself wherevah you ahh".

I'll never forget it!

Seriously though, congrat on the new website. It looks awesome.

-rf

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9295642#post9295642 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hedonist
Nbatslast,

I noticed your interests, I assume you are fighting the power to be consumed by this hobby ;)

I believe there have been some that have suggested the thread be addressed in some shape or form but to no avail, at least from one, not sure about the other BOOs ...some are very quiet...

The founding of our 'Maine State Reefing Club??' (for further clarification, SWAM) appeared to be a big issue at the beginning of the post, it needed to be addressed ....I look over my shoulder and see clearly, no chip

Everybody will have different experiences at any shop, preconceived or not, these places are run by human beings....

Since I am a commercial interest, I have to post about this here as my comments, opinions nor input are not welcome on that particular thread....
I don't understand your comment. Also, I was also referring to AC as the person who wanted(and claimed) the title, which has no present bearing on the club.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9296085#post9296085 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hedonist
couldn't stay away:p ?

We are in no way the same ball park... I dare say no commercial interest has yet to offer dinners, trips whatever to sway a vote :lol:

Strong Arming

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9298275#post9298275 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Punisher
Strong Arming

Muting people who speak out against the negative affects.
" interjection about moderators"

Nah, nothing like that at all

This is done.

Our [ua] states that only one account is allowed per person. I'm also a firm believer in standing behind one's word. Creating an additional account to "argue anonymously" is cowardly at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back