CO2 on multiple tanks

trae

DR Octopod
Premium Member
I Have plans on a large system, 240 or so and I will be running a Geo 618 Calcium reactor. I would like to know what I would need if it were possible to split a co2 cylinder between two tanks. The other will be a frag tank that I am using a doser on. will I need a ten gallon cylinder and a special valve or two reactors? Thanks in advance for your input.

Just plumb the two tanks together then you only need to run one reactor. That's how mine is set up.

Just plumb the two tanks together then you only need to run one reactor. That's how mine is set up.

I would but what if one crashes and the other follows suit? I thought maybe there was a way to draw two lines from one 10 lb c02 tank or a 5lb as to keep the systems seperate. Off topic: you wouldn't happen to own a ducati would you?

I've done this on multiple planted systems but you have either have the CO2 reg custom made or DIY. The second image on the page is similar to what I have built.

HTH

I used to, I ride an Aprilia now. :)

I have the aquariumplants.com digital regulator. I know they make one so that you can run double systems. It's expensive, but well worth it IMO.

Ok, thanks guys, I have an idea of what is needed now. Time to go shopping.

Back