Coast to Coast Overflow and Return Pipes

crn005

So, how do you guys have yours set up? I'm tossing around a few ideas but I would like to see what everyone else has done. My coast to coast doesn't span the entire length of the tank (the viewing angle it's at would be a bit of an eye soar if it connected all the way to the sides) so I have a few inches on either side to possibly drill. I will be using DIY swirl devices (two of them) on the return pipe and I'd like to have them concealed pretty well. Anyways, lets see your designs! :beer:

Of course I'm going to be running a bean animal. I was more so referring to how to plumb the return pipes. Are people drilling extra holes to make a return or just running the pipes over the top? I'm not opposed to the latter but it can become quiet the eye sore. I suppose I wanted to see pictures of discrete return pipe plumbing in hopes of maybe finding a better solution.

I took mine through the overflow - because the tank was already drilled. If I had my choice again, I would go up and over to avoid return siphon. I used two npt females (one on the glass side, one on the acrylic side) with 1" npt bulkheads then bought a nipple, cut it so that I had a npt to slip connection, then used a non-glued slip coupling to connect everything together.

I have a slow drip because I didn't glue the slip coupling but it sits in the overflow - so no bug deal.

Lights_Overall_1.jpg

New_Aquascape_RHS.jpg

Yeah I wanted to avoid going over the top so I could keep everything out of sight but I'm probably just going to have to do it and make it as discrete as possible.

Back