College Reef Tank

saggese820

I'm a student at BU and i've had a 12 gallon jbj nano cube original (only 24 watt pc lighting) for a little over a year now. I bring it home with me for long breaks, so it has no sand. Here are some recent pics, i'm always looking to sell/trade what I have so if you see anything you like, send me a pm. Would really like to trade some of my xenia, anthelia, and palys since I have a decent amount of them all now.

Attachments

• DSCN0624.jpg
    DSCN0624.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0625.jpg
    DSCN0625.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0627.jpg
    DSCN0627.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 0
Wow, that is a ton of work to move it all the time, but I can understand doing it. I have extra Kenya tree's you may like, would toss them to you as an alum there. You downtown or on campus?

Nice looking tank I tried a smaller tank in college and it just did not last long with how much I was gone and lack of funds. Good luck!

thanks! its actually not too bad to move since its bare bottom. everything fits into two 5 gallon buckets.

Laxing22,
Thanks, I actually live in an off campus student apartment complex on Vestal parkway about 5 mins from campus, its called University Plaza. What does your kenya tree look like? bc I had a kenya tree, and I still have a frag from it, but it looks different from most pics I see online, i'm guessing its because I have such low lighting. Here's a pic of what I had:

Attachments

• 100_2233.jpg
    100_2233.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 0
Yep, that's a Kenya. 24watts isn't too bad, you can get a small LED pretty cheep now. Rick has them up on 26 (Nature). If you have not been there yet, it is pretty close to you, just south on 26 about 4-5 mins.

i've never been there, i just checked out their website, seems worth visiting, i'll have to check it out sometime soon, thanks.

Back