Comments Appreciated for this light

Nekko123

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my current light to a new one and would appreciate your comments and advice. Besides the one I have listed I would very much be interested in your recommendations for lights around $100 US.

I have a feeling that it is not enough light for my 10 gal tank with LR and lots of corals. I how have the Seapora High-Efficiency LED Lighting System - 12 W - 20"

And was thinking of upgrading to this one:

Lightimetunnel 165W Dimmable LED
Light wavelength: red 660nm,blue 460nm,purple 430nm,royal blue 450nm,green 520nm,warm white,cool white. Efficient light spectrum makes the LPS/SPS coral/reef/fish/plant enjoy healthy growing.
Dimmable aquarium light. Two Dimmers, two power cords and two on/off switches for setting light to stimulate the daytime and moonlight,creating a natural environment for your coral/reef/fish/plant.
Lightimetunnel led aquarium light use top quality 45mil 3w Bridgelux/Epileds chips to ensure high brightness & high light penetration to maximize the absorption of the lighting.

$125 Canadian

Thanks

It's a basic Chinese black box led, similar or same as Mar Aqua or others. The one thing they don't tell you is the power of the drivers. Yes they use 3w leds, but none of the black box leds push these leds at 3w. Most do it at 2.2w and Mars does it a 1.8w. This seller won't even list what power they use. Other than that, it looks like an OK, basic black box fixture. BTW, who will take care of the warranty on this fixture?

Back