Compatibilty- Bull Shark- FW sawfish-other

Ali_Z

I want to know if the Carcharinhus leucas is compatible with the Pristis microdon. I am also curious as to which other FW/ Brackish fish are compatible with these to species. The Bull Shark and Sawfish will both be of similar size(3.5'-4').

The system will be 35K+ gallons(display) with excellent filtration and well fed specimens.

Thank you,

Ali

Bull Sharks are able to go into freshwater but I would not suggest keeping them in brackish for long periods of time in captivity. I wouldnt think it would be good for them.

it is speculated that they only go into fresh to breed or when they are sick so that there is little competition for food. I dont think that longterm captivity in FW will work.

bull shark/sawfish compatibility

bull shark/sawfish compatibility

I would not put a bull shark with any slower moving shark or ray. They have a nasty habit of eating anything they can catch. The sawfish is also considered part of their natural diet in places where both species occur.

Intresting, what species other than bull and brown sharks are compatible with the bull?

This is not a joke. As of right now nothing is set in stone but I am doing my research.

A member of my family is plannig on opening a carwash and I have suggested that a monster shark tank is the way to seperate yourself from the competition. I was actually first planning on setting this set up in my house, but as of right now my family is in a very ugly divorce so we can not buy or build anything.

I have never kept requeim sharks in my life but I have helped out at several Aquariums and Zoos(AZA establishments) regarding sharks and filtration. I was at the LBC Aquarium a few months ago and knew most of the information about their filtration, right down to where they got it.

I hope I do have enogh experience to handle these behemoths and study them while in captivity.

I truly do believe that sites like this one are excellent in regards to the distribution of knowledge if everyone learns to respect each other. Let us see how this discussin progresses.

Btw, I am planning that my overhead will be around ~$200,000.
Is this correct? I am going to open a thread regarding the filtration for this set up in the filtration forum.

Thank you,

Ali

an eight foot shark at a carwash in order to draw customers???
you have got to be joking! If you have even helped with sharks at zooz or aquariums you would know that they would need more than a 35k gallon tank. these animals have a huge range!
stick with oscars, it would be a shame to pay the thousands of dollars that it would cost to purchase and ship such an animal just to have it die.

THANK YOU stykthyn!!!!!!!!!!
That would be a funnyidea at a dinner table talking with friends...
I have seen Bull Sharks in Florida 10+ feet long eating snook 40+ inches long!!!!!
This is a joke!
Have fun cleaning the tank!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7573292#post7573292 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stykthyn
an eight foot shark at a carwash in order to draw customers???
you have got to be joking! If you have even helped with sharks at zooz or aquariums you would know that they would need more than a 35k gallon tank. these animals have a huge range!
stick with oscars, it would be a shame to pay the thousands of dollars that it would cost to purchase and ship such an animal just to have it die.

You have to admit, though, an eight foot shark would definatley make you want to go to that particular carwash. :D

The tank will be between 37-68,000 gallons. That is all depending on the location of the property.

I am expecting to spend around $200,000 on this project. I have already planned the filtration and pumps needed for this project. What do you guys project to be the cost?

You have got to be the same kid that posted on Waterwolves that he wants to keep a Bengal Tiger or African Lion in his backyard. I have to say you dream very big

That is me. I am going to have big cats in my life time. When I move to Texas or Florida I will have all my Fish, Cats, Herps, and guns. I am going to inhert a VERY large amount of money in the next couple of months.

I do dream big. I think that my creativity is part of what makes me so successful at politics amd debating.

bull shark tank-mates

bull shark tank-mates

The only shark I've seen keep their own with bulls is lemon sharks(N. brevirostris). They would have to be the same size or a little larger. I noticed that you are in los angeles. Be aware that the bull shark is a restricted shark in California and you would need a special permit from the Dept. of Fish and Game to possess one in the state.

IF YOUR OPENING A CAR WASH I WOULD INVEST THE $200,000 IN A FERRARI MODENA AND PARK IT OUT FRONT W/ SOME HOT COLLEGE GIRLS...enough said!

leave the poor sharks in the ocean --no wonder they go around biting people...they are P.O'd!!

What are you gonna do w/ a big cat? they eat like 20 lbs of steak a day! Mike Tyson says he punches his tigers full force in the head and they think he's playing still

Good luck getting any ositive feedback on this site. I posted a thread a year or two ago about a huge system and I got hassled and pestered with negative comments. I think you may want to look into black tip reef sharks. Good Luck

Re: bull shark tank-mates

Re: bull shark tank-mates

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7576058#post7576058 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sharklover
The only shark I've seen keep their own with bulls is lemon sharks(N. brevirostris). They would have to be the same size or a little larger. I noticed that you are in los angeles. Be aware that the bull shark is a restricted shark in California and you would need a special permit from the Dept. of Fish and Game to possess one in the state.

Hmm, that is very intresting. I know a guy over the internet that was offering me bulls. He lives in California. I have also found them for sale several times before. I believe that if they are restricted it couldn't be CITES because they are quite common in Florida. If it is restricted, an aquarium of this size is undoubtedly going to be allowed membership into the AZA.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7576137#post7576137 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ironsheikh
IF YOUR OPENING A CAR WASH I WOULD INVEST THE $200,000 IN A FERRARI MODENA AND PARK IT OUT FRONT W/ SOME HOT COLLEGE GIRLS...enough said!

leave the poor sharks in the ocean --no wonder they go around biting people...they are P.O'd!!

What are you gonna do w/ a big cat? they eat like 20 lbs of steak a day! Mike Tyson says he punches his tigers full force in the head and they think he's playing still

That is a good idea but the plan is to make the car wash appealing to ALL people not just the guys. :D

I love anything that is crazy. I get an insane rush from it. That is what pleases me. In my life I want to fly a MiG 29 Fulcrum. I own and have owned animals that are known to be insane. Examples of such are my German Champion working bloodline GSD, my 16" S. Rhombeus, and countless other "insane" animals. I would get the cat if only it were legal. I went and did all my research. Even tried to work at the L.A. Zoo to get a license. Fact is, California dosen't give out exotic animal licenses for "pets", only AZA, Sanctuary, Breeder, or Exhibitor.

Thank you,

Ali

Back