Complete 180 FS or Trade, Custom Stand Canopy and Sump

Northtampatang

Premium Member
In an effort to reclaim some of my living room space and in preparation for my wife and I to expand our family, I have decided to go down to a smaller tank and do less SPS. I am not selling any livestock at this time, just the equipment. Here is a link to a thread that I had goin on a while back about the tank.
180 tank thread

Here's the scoop:
180 dual corner overflow AGA tank. The tank, stand and Canopy stand about 7 foot tall.

Custom stand and canopy, great attention to detail was put into the wood work with awsome trim and perfect fittement of all pieces. The stand has doors on both the front and the sides for easy access and the lower tank brace sits beneath the molding for a flush look. The whole canopy front lifts up for easy access also.

5FT ~85 gallon sump. The display water is drained into a 30 gallon fuge before it hits the skimmer bay and then though three baffels to the return chamber. 5500K fuge bulb included which has been strong enough to grow mangroves(all fuge material included if wanted 3 mangroves, cheato, calurpa, 80lbs LS)

Blueline external return pump ~1100 GPH

Two 250W DE HQI Aqua-Medic halide pendants that fit in the hood. 1 with a pheonix 14K and 1 with a reeflux 12K

One 250W Mogul Halide with spider reflector and a coralvue electronic ballast and reeflux 12K bulb

Two 54W T5 HO's with IceCap SLR reflectors 1 actinic and 1 aquablue+

ASM G4X skimmer with the gate valve mod- works like a champ!
G4X

Sieo 1500
Sieo 820

I'll throw in about 60lbs of nice coraline covered Liverock and a big 'ol staghorn along with a few other smaller healthy SPS to get you started stock wise.

$2250.00 or will consider partial trade plus cash for a 75 or 90 gallon tank depending on what equipment is has with it.
The tank can be viewed by appointment. Dont bother with lowballing, I'm not down-sizing because is am in need. You may find other pics of the set-up in my gallery.

DO NOT ASK ME TO PART OUT ANY OF THIS STUFF AT THIS TIME. EVERYTHING IS UP AND RUNNING AND LOOKS GREAT AND I NEED ALL OF THE EQUIPMENT UNTIL A SMALLER TANK IS UP AND RUNNING.

79393180full.jpg

79393halides.jpg

79393sump.jpg

79393180fuge.jpg

79393asm.jpg

79393trim.jpg

Really nice tank, the stand has a really nice design, the canopy is nice and spacious as well. i've seen it myself and he's very nice guy, BTW The GSP's are doing great and the Zoa's are multiplying!

This tank it unbelievable. Bump for a great seller and a very nice set-up. I might have to discuss a possible trade for my 100g. I am working on the wife..................

If I cant get it then good luck to you on selling the tank and with expanding the family.....

Here's some new pics to help stir some interest . . . .

I will also sell the tank stocked exactly like it is for 3K and include a Tunze 6000 plus controler and a 2nd Seio 820 . . .

79393DSCF0526.jpg

79393DSCF0533.jpg

79393DSCF0529.jpg

79393DSCF0531.jpg

79393DSCF0532.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys

Still looking for a possible partial trade also, something in the 65 to 90 size range.

If I dont have any luck selling as a complete stocked package, I will have a licestock auction and then part out, but please DO NOT turn this into a parting out thread, I will make a new thread if I do decide to go that route.

Wes

$2500 OBO Stocked with all livestock (coral, Liverock, fish inverts, fuge livestock, etc.) as seen in the newest posted pictures.

$1750 OBO for all equipment

Wes

It sold in Ebay, its gonna hurt to actually break it down next week, but Ive got a nice new 75rr that will be fun to set-up.

I'm glad that i'm not responsible for moving it though, the 180 was a PITA to move in LOL.

Time to make the shift into doing more LPS and softies instead of SPS. I'm really looking forward to the lower maintenanance aspect of a smaller tank

Wes

I'm curious: you said you're really looking forward to the lower maintenanance aspect of a smaller tank.

Does a small tank require less maintenance? I would think it would be easier in some regards.

large volumes of water are typically more stable, but what I am refering to is not having to go through 6 gallons of top off water every other day and having to have somone watch the tank when I go away for the weekend. Having less glass to clean, going with lower mainenace corals, less complex equipment, less utilities cost, simpler ligthting, etc.

Oh, I wont miss having to do 40 gallon water changes just to hit 15% either.

Wes

Last edited:
Back