Concave Reef

I know in your "Current Tank Description" info you state that you're building a 1,300 gallon reef, but is this the estimated volume within the tank itself or the overall system?

Awesome design regardless!

This tank is up and running already!
I would post the link if Daniel doesn't mind!

I've been following this tank for so long, it's the real dream tank! Congratulations Daniel!

When the wives complain about how much you spend show her this thread...:lolspin:

This is going to be fun...

Hello Mark,

It is funny!!!!! I think that you have some idea what I have to do to have the support of my wife in this project!!!!!!! hahaha But now, she loved the whole reef!!!!!!

Rgds

Daniel

Heh, you've made my day with this comment.
The guy is practically building a new house for the aquarium. Way to go Daniel!

Hello acabgd,

Thank you very much for the comments!!!!! Just remember that the total "new house" isn`t just for the reef but for a leisure area for my home!!!!!

Rgds

Daniel

I know in your "Current Tank Description" info you state that you're building a 1,300 gallon reef, but is this the estimated volume within the tank itself or the overall system?

Awesome design regardless!

Hello Coats,

Good question!!!!

The overall system has 1300G. The display will be at least 900G!!!!!

Thank`s,

Daniel

This tank is up and running already!
I would post the link if Daniel doesn't mind!

I've been following this tank for so long, it's the real dream tank! Congratulations Daniel!

Hello Fernando,
How are you my friend!!!! Nice to talk to you!!!!!
Fernando, when I start this thread I thought to show the project "step by step" to our american friends can collaborate with the whole project!!!! If you doesn`t mind I prefer to finish the last steps of the project in this weekend and in the next week we share the link of our local reef forum, ok?
Good to hear from you my friend!!!!!! I hope that one day you can come here in Jau - my city - to know my project!!!!!!
Rgds
Daniel

Hello Guys,

More updates!!!!!

This week we started the painting of the fish room and "broke our head" to perform the design of the movable structure of the aquarium. It is a structure stainless steel made (because of the sea air) that me allow to have access to the aquarium from the front of the reef, ie, this structure will move one meter out through a gate motor. We also have built a sort of cap, where the fixtures will be supported and in a manner that I can regulate the level that I want theses fixtures, ie, higher or lower, also powered by a gate engine. This week I also got the glass tank`s of the fish room of the aquarium and for this project I am so thankful to my good friend Cyro Riskalla!!!!

Fish Room - Inside View

DSC_0046_zpsede5822f.jpg

DSC_0047_zpsb33db4ce.jpg

DSC_0050_zps261f138f.jpg

DSC_0052_zpsa3a8270f.jpg

DSC_0053_zps198caf09.jpg

Stainless steel structure Automated with Gate Engine

DSC_0054_zps603c3bfc.jpg

DSC_0055_zps7f0990cb.jpg

DSC_0056_zps8f018c82.jpg

DSC_0065_zps1fc5c87a.jpg

Thank`s for all!!!!

Daniel

This is amazing. Thank you for sharing. Your family is very lucky to have such an addition to your home.

Hello Oiva,

Yes my friend, when I start the project one of my biggest worry is the weight of the reef!!!!!! Just the glass will weight at least 1200 Kgs = 2.666 lb!!!!!

Thank`s

Daniel

Thats crazy. I am waiting for my new one, and its only around 100kg. Looking forward to see your build finished.

Back