Concave Reef

Phenomenal build.
It will be so cool in the center and feel like the tank is wrapping around you.
You said the inside back is black silicone to prevent algae growth.
Can you explain that a little more about that.
Thanks

Hello Sandyland,

How are you?

Exactly, the feeling is that the tank is wrapping around you!!!!!

Regards, the silicone issue the inside back is made from cristal clear glass 22 mm. To avoid algae growth and to hide my "Fish Room" that is placed behind the tank I used black silicone. It is just to buy black silicone, in my case the Dow Corning black silicone, put this silicone in a simple paint roller and pass a lot of coats that you need. If you will try, good luck because the acetate smell from the silicone drying is terrible for the eyes. Eye protection and a nouse mask are strong recommended!!!!!!!

Rgds

Daniel

What are you using to attach the rock with?

Very nice progress pictures.

Next time can you take some of the outside, too. I want to see how it went compared to the drawings you had a the start.

Hello Worm,

How are you?

I used some kind of white cement that we know here as "internal white cement floor under floor fast dry" from Quartzolite Weber Saint-Gobain. After the aplication is necessary to fill the aquarium with fresh water at least 4 times to avoid Ph alterations.

My friend I will take new pictures from the outside and if you need some specific, please do not hesitate to tell me, ok?

Rgds

Daniel

Congratulations!!!
Fantastic build!!!

What are you using in the bottom? Is it a fake sand bed?

Please keep pictures comming

Hello Frontosa,

How are you?

Yes, it is some kind of cement sand bed, fake of course. However, necessary because reefs with substratum for example with aragonite has a short life-time. I did the same way that I did to atach the rocks as Worm asked me. I used some kind of white cement that we know here as "internal white cement floor under floor fast dry" from Quartzolite Weber Saint-Gobain. After the aplication is necessary to fill the aquarium with fresh water at least 4 times to avoid Ph alterations.

Rgds

Daniel

Beautiful! Really interesting build. Subscribed and looking forward to further developments :)

Pictures!!!!!!!

Building the overflows:

Right
DSC_0382_zpsfbb5b6bb.jpg

Left
DSC_0383_zpsfc688704.jpg

Both
DSC_0384_zps367d3f02.jpg

DSC_0385_zpsb2f066c1.jpg

The pipes going by gravity under the floor until the sump
DSC_0386_zpsc00eb8f7.jpg

DSC_0388_zpse83c6283.jpg

DSC_0389_zps3d184c56.jpg

Reeflo Barracuda
DSC_0390_zps5d7a43d2.jpg

DSC_0393_zpsdd171b78.jpg

DSC_0401_zpsc821c40a.jpg

More pictures

DSC_0398_01_zps5b2b0b28.jpg

DSC_0399_zpsaca9579c.jpg

Frontal View - Now, before the reef lightning the glass reflex from the sunlight it is too strong!!!
file-1.jpg

Laminated Extra-Clear Frontal Glass 9 2x 10mm)
file.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-3.jpg

The outside chillers condensators - 2 of 1+1/2 Hp
file-7.jpg

Hello Frontosa,

How are you?

Yes, it is some kind of cement sand bed, fake of course. However, necessary because reefs with substratum for example with aragonite has a short life-time. I did the same way that I did to atach the rocks as Worm asked me. I used some kind of white cement that we know here as "internal white cement floor under floor fast dry" from Quartzolite Weber Saint-Gobain. After the aplication is necessary to fill the aquarium with fresh water at least 4 times to avoid Ph alterations.

Rgds

Daniel

Thanks!

Best of luck!

Back