Ammonia 0
PH. 8.2
NO2 0.3
NO3 10.0
TEMP. 80
Salt. 1.024
The tank is a 75 gallon with 30 long sump{w/liverock}
Salt used for water changes- Reef Crystals
water change completed 4 days ago at 25 gallons.
:confused: Would like everyones imput
Thanks..Rick

If adding the turbo calcium product, should I double or triple the dose over the coarse of a day? Say 6 hours
Something like 1.5 table spoons...
I don't want to over dose
Thanks

Alkalinity is 3.0 meq/l
All my other levels seem ok.See above ,I just can't get the Cal. up
I added 1 tsp and nothing.
Am I not worthy of my reef?
I'll be back in a coupl of hours.
Thanks for putting up with me....
signed Confussed

Assuming you want to target 425 ppm, it would take about 20 tsp of Turbo Calcium to achieve this. If it were my tank, I would dose 4 tsp per day for 5 days, checking levels along the way. Once you get your level up, you'll have to determine what your tanks calcium consumption is and dose accordingly. FWIW I'm a little surprised your calcium is that low using reef crystals, unless your not doing many water changes. I think you said before you tested your newly mixed salt water and it came in over 400. Double check that to make sure you dont have a test kit error. Patients my friend. Slow change. Your alk is fine at 3.0 but keep an eye on that as well. :)

I added 1 tsp and nothing.
Am I not worthy of my reef?
I'll be back in a coupl of hours.

It takes a large amount., as Billybeau mentions. Use the calculator linked above to generate such values. :)

I'm doing my water changes every 7 to 10 days.
Water changes around 20 - 23 gallons mixing over night w/powerhead 02 and heater and checking the calcium its around 400.Next water change will be in 2-3 days.
I just added 4 tsp just minutes ago {turbo calcium}.I'll re measure in about an hour or so.
Thanks again
The tanks got coraline alge starting to take off on the base rock{40 lbs.}and glass also.So the tanks absording the calcium as fast as I put it in. Good no ?

Well thats a good start. Your level should rise about 25 ppm every day that you add 4 tsp. Once you get to your target, stop dosing and take a reading. One week later test again and see how much calcium was used up in one week. Obviously dont do a water change during this period. That should tell you how much calcium is being used by your tank weekly and you can dose accordingly to keep calcium at the level you want.

For what its worth, and this is just my opinion, 20gal water changes every 7-10 days on a 75 gal tank is a bit of overkill. But again thats my opinion.

Once you get all that under control, read up on Randy's article about "What your grandmother never told you about limewater".
I started dosing limewater about 6 weeks ago and the results are amazing.

Good luck and keep us posted :)

The tanks got coraline alge starting to take off on the base rock{40 lbs.}and glass also.So the tanks absording the calcium as fast as I put it in. Good no ?

Growing coralline and consumption of calcium and alkalinity are good signs. :)

For what its worth, and this is just my opinion, 20gal water changes every 7-10 days on a 75 gal tank is a bit of overkill. But again thats my opinion.

I generally shoot for 20-30% per month total changed, and I do it in many small changes (nightly on auto pilot)

Billy and Randy Thank you for putting up with me.
I got the calculator to work .
I'll keep you posted as to my levels.

My calcium level hovering at 375 .
Mag went up from 1290 to 1380
Alk. down from 3.0 to 2.5
PH 8.3
no2 <0.3
no3 10.0
Amm.0.10
temp 78
salt 1.024
Does everything look in line ?

Still dosing the Turbo Calcium at 4 tsp per day .
this is the 3rd day.

One more ? I'm also having to top the sump off everyday with ro/di water since putting the egg crate on .
Am I worring for nothing ? Adding the ro/di

Back