Connecting Two Tanks Wirelessy

Chris Craig

Looking for insight into an area i am so green.

Id like to connect my little office biocube16 to my Apex controller which is across the house under my 180 main display.
Im thinking is there a way to set up a power bar on the Biocube, then use a aquabus/USB2 connected to some form of wireless bridge to the otherside of the house. where it will then jump to the controller. Essentially Energy bar Biocube - USB2/Aquabus - Wireless/Bluetooth/Whatever - USB2/Aquabus - Apex Controller.

Running Cable under the house or buying a new controller is something Im really not looking to do, any help would be well appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
Looking for insight into an area i am so green.

Id like to connect my little office biocube16 to my Apex controller which is across the house under my 180 main display.
Im thinking is there a way to set up a power bar on the Biocube, then use a aquabus/USB2 connected to some form of wireless bridge to the otherside of the house. where it will then jump to the controller. Essentially Energy bar Biocube - USB2/Aquabus - Wireless/Bluetooth/Whatever - USB2/Aquabus - Apex Controller.

Running Cable under the house or buying a new controller is something Im really not looking to do, any help would be well appreciated

Thanks
@kharmaguru any ideas on this?
Aquabus cable carries data and power (12v) so not thinking this is doable. Not that it matters to the 'doableness', but it also does not adhere to USB standards. A direct connection "under the house" is likely the only option. From @RussM on the Neptune forum: "The total acceptable length of all Aquabus cables combined is 200'".

Since it appears wireless is not possible and you don’t want to run a cable, you could pick up a used apex??? Here’s one that was posted recently.

Since it appears wireless is not possible and you don’t want to run a cable, you could pick up a used apex??? Here’s one that was posted recently.

Maybe just get a Kasa power strip since he just wants control not monitoring.

kasa.jpg

Back