converting 350g reef to aggressive

MMsting

I currently have a 350g reef that I am dying to make an aggressive tank, some people call me crazy to how beautiful the tank is as reef but my favorite fish are aggressive.

I have a few idea's to what I want but some conflict with others... so I was wondering if I could get some advice and suggestions.

My favorite animal on the planet is a shark, obviously I cannot get a great white but hey I'll settle for shark family non the less... so I was thinking either bamboo shark or an epaulette. I also want to get a volitan lion fish, either a tessalata eel or snowflake, and I'm not sure on the puffer. I would love a tusk, and some kind of triggerfish.

In the tank currently I have three unicorns that I might keep I'm not sure they're getting big for the tank, and I just lost an achilles this past weekend due to the storm and power outage, so I would love to get another achilles tang, and a powder blue tang. My idea is to get the most color out of a FOWRL tank that maybe not be the same beauty as a reef tank but pretty unique non the less... So any suggestions comments even criticism if I have bad choices would help.

Just trying to give a little advice and since you have a 350 gallon reef tank you should have a great background already.

Tessalata Eel as stated are monsters and a solo one in your 350 might be awesome.

Triggers and Eels can be problematic..

Triggers and Lions can be problematic...

Triggers and Sharks can be problematic...

Puffers and Sharks can be problematic....

So basically you should get the Eel, or a Shark, or a Lionfish and suitable friends, or a Trigger and suitable friends.. Your combo doesn't work IMHO.

Yeah everyone including you guys are telling me the tesalata is gonna be really aggressive and hard to clean the tank or just to even put my hand in the tank, I have a 220g just housing a little less than two foot grouper who will go after anything you put in the tank and I'm not sure I wanna deal with that again. So would a good combo be:

Snow flake eel
Volitan Lion
a puffer I'm not sure on yet, maybe a dog face.
Powder Blue Tang
Achilles tang
a tusk
& the three unicorn tangs I have in the tank now

I was also told by someone whose been in the hobby for over 30 yrs that if I raise the main three I want the lion puffer and eel then they should be fine together... but if I had to pick between the three it would be the lion above them all. Would a lion go good with a shark.

Back