Cool online reef software.

I use port 8080. This may be a stupid question, but you know that you have to do port forwarding on the router that assigns all the IP addresses in your house. Right?

Can you link up the reef keeper to the app.

No, unfortunately the android app is beyond basic. What I use for the Reef keeper is a basic RSS feed widget that displays my information on my screen of my phone. I would like to learn coding to write a better android app for reef keeper now that I know most of the web interface is pretty basic.

That is one thing I can't get working on my Reefkeeper is the port forwarding. I have CLEAR wifi and the instructions are pretty straightforward on the router. I have gotten it to work but then my home wifi doesn't work. Very frustrating!

I had to switch to port 8181. the ISP was blocking port 80. Had to go into the router to allow 8181 to link directly to the static IP of the reef keeper. If you have the reef keeper on a dynamic IP, the chances of you being able to access remotely wont be that great. Unfortunately I don't know about your ISP but I can go through my settings and lend a hand if I can.

You would think someone could make a controller that is plug and play.

yeah, but where would the fun in that be. if there is no controller to mess around with constantly the your just going to redo your plumbing or lighting out of boredum. lol

Hmm all good tips. Ill try switching the ports on the reefkeeper. Just to clarify....I use the IP of the RK NET or my actual home IP address? The guide told me to use the ip of the equipment I want to see outside my network. It's funny because I always thought I could find my way around a PC but there is a WHOLE lot I an apparently ignorant on. I want to get it up as I will be taking a few longer trips this year.

When you are in your "my aquarium" section, on the lift side where all your functions are, timeline, reminders, diary, measurements etc, down at the very bottom of that list is "integration" > controller > edit. Then you just input the information, select the time you want it to sync and you're good to go. Your controller must be set up with remote access

Got it. I had to enable XML access on my APEX controller.:lolspin:

Hmm all good tips. Ill try switching the ports on the reefkeeper. Just to clarify....I use the IP of the RK NET or my actual home IP address? The guide told me to use the ip of the equipment I want to see outside my network. It's funny because I always thought I could find my way around a PC but there is a WHOLE lot I an apparently ignorant on. I want to get it up as I will be taking a few longer trips this year.
If you are trying to access the reef keeper from inside the house it will be the IP of the unit. 192.168.1.XX. The reef keeper default is pretty low you of you have a bunch of devices connected to Wi-Fi chances are it's kicking that IP address and setting it higher. So log onto your router, find the highest IP address, and go one up and set that as the static IP address from your ReefKeeper. For example, mine is set at 192.168.1.16. If you are trying to access the reef keeper outside of the home you will need to know the home IP address (whatsmyip.com) and the port number, assuming you have the port allowances set correctly, these days 80 and 8080 are far too common and have conflicts, or blocked, hence my choosing 8181. You will need to set your port number in the router(so that the router knows which internal IP address it needs to point to) and the reef keeper net module. Then you can access it outside the house 12.34.56.789:8181 . I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure all ISPs e dynamic these days all unless you know what your IP address is going to be at all hours of the day every day, a ddns set up will help you a lot. Fortunately Verizon is pretty good at keeping an IP static for awhile but I have had it switch on me a few times. Keep in mind if you are on the WiFi network and trying to access your external IP address it won't work, you need to be outside the network for example from a cell phone on 3g/4g

Webmanny
Do you know if Aquarimate can run separate data for two different systems?

Yes. You can have multiple tanks, multiple progress on corals, etc. I should also mention that it has free cloud backup so you can love your phone, like I did and restore everything back to your last backup. I love this tool.

Back