Copperband butterfly

I tried twice already to have a CBB and failed each time. The longest I was able o make mine last was about 3.5 months. I introduced him at night but of course the tangs were chasing him for few days, but then left him alone. He would not eat for about 2 weeks and then started getting ich. I pulled him out and put him in my refugium, a bit tight but no one was bugging him. Also put some LR in there and would twice a day hide some mysis under the rock so that is sticks out a bit. He didn't eat for another week and was just bones and skin. Then he started very slowly to pick at the mysis from under the rock. He stared to gain some weigh then he would just eat the mysis from the water column no problem. So I had him in the refuge eating regularly for about a week. He was nice and plum I re-introduced him to the DT, surprisingly tangs did not chase him, once in a blue mood he would get a reminder form a tang but nothing serious or regular. He would go after food together with them. It was like that for a while then he seem to go more and more shy, started to lose weight and one day he died. Over all the whole process took 3.5 months.

Really disappointed because I really want the fish. I will be selling one of my tangs, and will try again to have a CBB. Just like every one says tehse are delicate ath first but once you get them to eat for a while they should be fine.

Back