Coral box pump extender v2 already dead?

Clavius78

Back in 2020 I bought two Coral box pump extender v2 units. One backs up my second 24v Coral box return pump, so my sump water won't be dead after an outage. And the other backs up a 24v Coral box flow pump. They really saved my nerves during one short power outage somewhere in 2021.

However, they didn't function at all during today's power outage. After almost three years they seem to be dead already. They give off some power, but it's too low for either of the pump to function. One of the pumps screens lights up, but states an error code.

Do these things really have *SUCH* a limited lifetime?

Yes, the batteries have a limited life and range around 2-4 years. It's very common for hardware refreshes in companies to change out UPS batteries regularly like every 3 years proactively and testing on them every 6 months or so and replace as required.

I change out my ups batteries at home every 3 years. They can end up swelling and if waiting to long could damage the housing, other components, or hard to get out.

Yes, the batteries have a limited life and range around 2-4 years. It's very common for hardware refreshes in companies to change out UPS batteries regularly like every 3 years proactively and testing on them every 6 months or so and replace as required.

I change out my ups batteries at home every 3 years. They can end up swelling and if waiting to long could damage the housing, other components, or hard to get out.

Ok, yeah I've already seen other sources that confirm the same. I have no problem with replacing it every 3 years or so. I just wish they did state that fact in the manual. Now it was a surprise during a power outage. Oh well, I've ordered a replacement.

There is also a fuse that can blow and can be checked. But at 3 years it's about due to have the battery changed.

And you can take it apart and just replace the battery. This is my old icecap. A lot cheaper then buying a new unit.
IMG_20231009_100614251.jpg

IMG_20231009_102334660.jpg

And you can take it apart and just replace the battery. This is my old icecap. A lot cheaper then buying a new unit.
View attachment 32391678

View attachment 32391679

So, I know nothing about electronics.

I took my coral box battery backup apart. It has 2 battery units that are connected together. It says 6FM2.2 (12v 2.2Ah )
Here in Holland I can order these units: CTM 2.6-12 batterij PB-kabel MP2.2-12D, MP2.2-12D, RLl1226, 6FM2.6 geschikt voor vele toepassingsgebieden And these say (12v 2.6Ah) That just means they have a higher capacity, right? Can I use these as a replacement? Or do they need to be exactly the same?

Last edited:
Back