Coral Farmers Market

So true.
Not complaint as I had a few LEcorals i still laugh when going back I named to Aussie red prism the "œdragon soul Davis" dragon soul is still used to this day and no one knew the meaning of it. The blond blues eyes B .... was best name ever.

Wooooo!!!!!
"Reeffarmers acquired our seed fragments from Richard McKellips with mobileaquatic.com . We were also offered a fragment of the coral from Miguel with FraggleReef at around the same time. Both Miguel and Richard acquired their corals from the same exporter/importer and they have mutually agreed upon the Dragon Soul name."

That's you!! :beer:

So true.
Not complaint as I had a few LEcorals i still laugh when going back I named to Aussie red prism the "œdragon soul Davis" dragon soul is still used to this day and no one knew the meaning of it. The blond blues eyes B .... was best name ever.

Now you are just naming off Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards...

Please do tell.

It was an email wondering why his name was being defamed on this thread.

No no, not at all. I'm sure it was an auto email the Coral Farmers Market reminding me I bought a ticket to attend. It's just funny because I'd never heard of his name before and then this email came. His name must just be attached to the email address.

The first frag I ever purchased in this hobby was a “Tyree toadstool” from Tri for $10 and he threw in frag of zoas.

Last edited:
It was an email wondering why his name was being defamed on this thread.

No no, not at all. I'm sure it was an auto email the Coral Farmers Market reminding me I bought a ticket to attend. It's just funny because I'd never heard of his name before and then this email came. His name must just be attached to the email address.
It's not an auto email. Tyree sits there and emails all 12 attendees individually. It's hard work.

Pretty good. Lots of vendors with some real nice pieces for sale. Lots and lots of red gonis for whatever the hell reason. Torch pricing still out of control. Got a nice 6 piece SPS frag pack from a great vendor whose name I forgot to check and then of course I had to make a mandatory vu purchase. All in all a good trip.

Pretty good. Lots of vendors with some real nice pieces for sale. Lots and lots of red gonis for whatever the hell reason. Torch pricing still out of control. Got a nice 6 piece SPS frag pack from a great vendor whose name I forgot to check and then of course I had to make a mandatory vu purchase. All in all a good trip.

I agree with everything here. I did, however, pick up a 4-head torch for a great deal because the vendor didn't feel like counting the heads. Basically got the homie discount.

Had fond memories of going over to Tyree's warehouse out in Ontario area and pick up cool specimens. Wish purple monsters were as cheap as when he was around but this was back in the early 2000's. :D

I went to the show with my 10 yo son. It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. Was hoping to see some tanks and lighting set up, but it was just a bunch of sellers with crazy crazy prices. They were listing torches for like $900 per head. Huh? Come on. Who can afford these things. If it wasn't for my son's enthusiasm for fish, I don't think I would consider getting back in the hobby. I like corals and fish, but it's a little out of control with the pricing. It's really sad.

I went to the show with my 10 yo son. It was a lot smaller than I thought it would be. Was hoping to see some tanks and lighting set up, but it was just a bunch of sellers with crazy crazy prices. They were listing torches for like $900 per head. Huh? Come on. Who can afford these things. If it wasn't for my son's enthusiasm for fish, I don't think I would consider getting back in the hobby. I like corals and fish, but it's a little out of control with the pricing. It's really sad.
One of the reasons why I'm still tankless and if I do start up another tank (in TX) I will probably go back to African Cichlids.

Back