Coral ID Help

smokinprice

Hi All,

My wife and daughter came home last night and suprised me with two new pieces of coral. They explained that they loved them but no one at the LFS knew anything about them. I am looking for some help. I am not sure which forum they should be in so I am trying this one. Please let me know what you all think. If this is the wrong forum, could someone point me in the right direction. Also these photos do not really do it justice in regards to the color. I should add that the bottom coral has tentacles that come out every so often.

DSC01799.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

I believe the scientific name is caulestrea. Trumpet coral or candy cane coral works too.

I agree 100% WITH gmax. Got to love it when the loved ones come home with gifts for the tank. Consider yourself lucky that it is somthing you can put in your tank and it is not a coral munching star fish that they often bring home becuase they are cute.

Thx for the info everyone. Are they both Trumpets or is it just the first one thats a trumpet? If its the first one, then any thougts on the second one? Bcollins111900 I couldnt agree more with you. First I am happy they thought of me and brought something home. Second, they actually asked around and explained what I had and asked what would work. Good stuff.

Back