Coral Rabbitfish Siganus corallinus

Mr Coffee

Does anyone have any experience with a coral rabbit fish (Siganus Corallinus). I have heard that they sometimes nip or eat Xenia and other softies. I would like to know if any one has any experience with them.

How difficult is it to determine the sex of these fish if looking for a pair? Is the dominate one male or do they tend to be more like the Tangs in regard to sex?

No one really.

What about determining the sex of rabbitfish? is the dominate one the male or are they born with a sex like tangs? or do they change back and forth like redfish?

anyone Bueler?

Where is Harris?

i do not know how to sex them, my friend has one in his tank and it ate all his xenia. he had a ton but it ate all of it. he didnt care because its a pest. i too am interested to find out how to sex these fish

The travel in pairs as adults. Which may indicate that they have a particular sex to start possibly. Like tangs which I think start out as one sex from what I have read. I don't know if it is more common for schooling fish to be a dominance male/female but that seems to be some thing that is common in schooling fish. I wish some one would school me on this.

Perhaps we should state general observance and supposition as fact and get corrected.

The travel in pairs as adults. Which may indicate that they have a particular sex to start possibly. Like tangs which I think start out as one sex from what I have read. I don't know if it is more common for schooling fish to be a dominance male/female but that seems to be some thing that is common in schooling fish. I wish some one would school me on this.

Perhaps we should state general observance and supposition as fact and get corrected. I was going to reach for yet another schooling joke but thought better of it.

Back