Coral Tank from Canada (1350gal Display Tank)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I had some technical difficulty with posting pics again :(

DC needle wheel pump...
web.jpg

mangrove shots showing benthic inverts growing on and around roots...
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I don't know if it's just my computer illiteracy or what, but all i'm getting in the form of pictures is red-x's. If you're anyone else is having trouble might I suggest creating a photobucket or tinypic account and posting them that way. It might save a few headaches down the road. :)

I don't know if it's just my computer illiteracy or what, but all i'm getting in the form of pictures is red-x's. If you're anyone else is having trouble might I suggest creating a photobucket or tinypic account and posting them that way. It might save a few headaches down the road. :)

It isn't just you. The pics get posted and I can see them, but then they are replaced with a "?" in some browsers and an "X" in others. I give up on the pics for now, I'm out of my league.

Mr.Wilson, I cannot see anything for your recent images. When I play with the source code, I get the message from Apple.com that your files on me.com are encrypted, and that I am not authorized to view them. This may have something to do with the style of the URL you are creating. You are using https: for secure connection, which is the opposite of what you want to use for a shared image. Use http:. Also, the end of the URL I am seeing has additional formating information after the name of the image file (i.e. after the ".jpg"). This should be omitted as well. If your server site won't let you display your images with these changes then you are not in the correct mode for sharing with the public.

Dave.M

It isn't just you. The pics get posted and I can see them, but then they are replaced with a "?" in some browsers and an "X" in others. I give up on the pics for now, I'm out of my league.
If you need assistance and don't feel like messing with it tomorrow just PM me and I can host them on my photobucket. Or, get you going with your own account were you can upload them and cut out the middleman.

Mr.Wilson, I cannot see anything for your recent images. When I play with the source code, I get the message from Apple.com that your files on me.com are encrypted, and that I am not authorized to view them. This may have something to do with the style of the URL you are creating. You are using https: for secure connection, which is the opposite of what you want to use for a shared image. Use http:. Also, the end of the URL I am seeing has additional formating information after the name of the image file (i.e. after the ".jpg"). This should be omitted as well. If your server site won't let you display your images with these changes then you are not in the correct mode for sharing with the public.

Dave.M

Thanks. That makes sense. Here is the location of the drawing. Are you able to post it for me, Please? I will keep trying at this end.

Here is the (blurry) jpg... http://gallery.me.com/mr.wilson1#100104/9-20Ball-20Filtration-20Layout

Here is the original PDF... http://files.me.com/mr.wilson1/kcr5qo

The links for well enough for me.

I know but people are lazy and clicking links is too much to ask with some. I like having the image up so you can find it quicker when you go back to look something up.

I can see the images now when I use my computer, but they don't show up on my phone?

This image serving site doesn't seem to want to allow for straight image viewing. It always wants to be in control. It does not play nice. Even when I grab an image URL it wants to control the viewing experience, preventing me from seeing it full size.

web.jpg

If you are going to continue to do your graphics within an Adobe pdf document, you may want to just post links to the document and let those interested download and view the pdf in their own browser for full resolution.

Dave.M

This image serving site doesn't seem to want to allow for straight image viewing. It always wants to be in control. It does not play nice. Even when I grab an image URL it wants to control the viewing experience, preventing me from seeing it full size.

web.jpg

If you are going to continue to do your graphics within an Adobe pdf document, you may want to just post links to the document and let those interested download and view the pdf in their own browser for full resolution.

Dave.M

WOW Anyroom for a technodrone in that system?:lol:

web.jpg

Dave.M

That's disappointing for a service I actually pay for :( I have been afraid of using photobucket because I've seen so many threads with missing pictures and the photobucket icon instead. I assume these images were lost somehow.

I will link the PDF but it only lasts 12 months maximum. Thanks again Apple.

I just got a quote for $1600.00 to replace the broken logic board on my MacbookPro laptop. I can send it out to a third party repair service for $400.00. No fun when your $3,200.00 laptop dies after two years. It's a well known problem but they haven't admitted that it's an extended warranty worthy problem. Sorry for the vent :mad2:

That's disappointing for a service I actually pay for :( I have been afraid of using photobucket because I've seen so many threads with missing pictures and the photobucket icon instead. I assume these images were lost somehow.

I will link the PDF but it only lasts 12 months maximum. Thanks again Apple.

I just got a quote for $1600.00 to replace the broken logic board on my MacbookPro laptop. I can send it out to a third party repair service for $400.00. No fun when your $3,200.00 laptop dies after two years. It's a well known problem but they haven't admitted that it's an extended warranty worthy problem. Sorry for the vent :mad2:
The pictures with photobucket icon's are usually because someone deletes or moves an image into a different sub folder on their account and forgets to update the link. If you create one (assuming you won't use it for anything else) and just leave it. The pictures should never go dead.

The pictures with photobucket icon's are usually because someone deletes or moves an image into a different sub folder on their account and forgets to update the link. If you create one (assuming you won't use it for anything else) and just leave it. The pictures should never go dead.

I'll do that then. I lost all of my gallery here on RC when they had the problems last year so I have been reluctant to trust my images with someone else.

Alright, I'm officially part of the Photobucket community. They only give you 500mb for free so it won't last long with high res images.

I re-saved the filtration drawing in higher resolution, I think? It's 7.5 mb so that leaves me with room for 65 more shots :) Now here it is courtesy of PB...

9BallFiltration.jpg

On another note, I was at Peter's today and driving around picking up supplies. I have the polyurethane paint for the filtration "sled" (platform). I also picked up some marine cement from BASF to cover some of the plumbing, large intake strainers, a high volume float valve, true union ball valves, a mess of PVC fittings, and miles of pipe & Tigerflex hose. Plumbing starts tomorrow and the aquascaping process starts monday with a soft deadline for friday.

Here's a pole for all of you...

1) Bond the rocks with D&D two part epoxy putty.
2) Bond the rocks with water-proof grey expanding foam.

I appologize if this has been asked and also it's a bit off topic. In the album you have posted, image #IMG_4627. Where do you get a tank like that?

I get them from here... http://www.spacearium.net/

I have installed 9 of them. They work well, but running an open system with them is tricky. I use a closed loop filtration system which rues out a protein skimmer. You can still go sumpless with Ozone, UV, Carbon media, Phosphate remover media, mechanical filtration, refugium, wave maker, and benthic zone. You could even plant some mangroves in the ends :) The suspension system is a single SS aircraft cable that holds the tank like a sling and anchors it to the ceiling with a unistrut bar. It weighs about 600LBS and swings a bit so it's earthquake-proof. That's the one feature Peter doesn't have :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back