Corals thriving in my first reef tank

zombies913

So this is my first reef tank, and to not kill anything too expensive I decided to go with frags while I'm still learning about different corals and care. They are doing great! I've had them about 3 weeks now and cant believe how much they've grown even in the short amount of time. The goniopora picture is from 2 weeks ago compared to today, didnt get a pic of the hammer galaxea or xenia before but this is them today :)

9edf1725c34c106ca688da38d1d1ff35.jpg

997853be5f9dbc7df46a1cd25a77bfae.jpg
79f87a1870b97e5e6dc0fd2f46c8a3d0.jpg
f1279930ff93c60efed731dd69fbc297.jpg

Looking good! Don't be to hurt if the gone does not make it. Those are not a beginner level coral and have a poor long-term survival rate and our tanks.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Looking good! Don't be to hurt if the gone does not make it. Those are not a beginner level coral and have a poor long-term survival rate and our tanks.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up! Not gonna lie, might be a little hurt, thats my favorite one haha

Congrats man nice work! One thing to keep in mind is that xenia have a really high growth rate and spread really quickly, so keep an eye on it. You can already see another smaller one growing next to it! They are a great coral to start filling in your tank, but you'll probably have to start removing some in future. Fortunately xenia don't sting so your euphyllidae (hammer, torch and galaxea) will let it know what's up if it gets too close but it will grow anywhere and on anything. Some people hate xenia but personally I love it.

Congrats man nice work! One thing to keep in mind is that xenia have a really high growth rate and spread really quickly, so keep an eye on it. You can already see another smaller one growing next to it! They are a great coral to start filling in your tank, but you'll probably have to start removing some in future. Fortunately xenia don't sting so your euphyllidae (hammer, torch and galaxea) will let it know what's up if it gets too close but it will grow anywhere and on anything. Some people hate xenia but personally I love it.
Thank you! Honestly I love how it looks, if it gets out of hand I'll remove some, but seeing anything grow and spread in my tank would make me pretty happy lol

I grew this (pic below / center) from a hammer frag that size. Anything is possible in this hobby

9581f0d65b463ed5aa8834edddb3ded5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back