Crocea clams

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10497668#post10497668 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by agoutihead
You mean 6500?

If thats what you mean, I'm really surprised that they don't look even better under the 14k.

Do they look awesome and just less green?

Or not so awesome and less green?

just more blue and less green. they still look good but, i paid more for a smaller clam at AT.

also when AT gets clams they get like 10 when Salty gets clams they get like 100. more choices and better prices.

Kevin ill take that one in the second pic in the bottom right please...:) hmmm gold and green

Hmm. I have never been to salty when they get a clam shipment, they always have some, but I have only seen a couple that I would have bought.

I would have bought a good majority of the ones I have seen at AT.

Does salty ever get super colored zoas?

They always have a couple that are ok, but nothing that pops really bright. ( I just assume nothing really lasts long at that store with all the traffic he gets)

He did have a RIDICULOUS set of like 5 different goniopora for like 160, it was the size of a softball and super bright with variations of pink.

Has antone ever had clams under a bunch of T-5 lights? If so did they hold the blue or the green colors.

I have several clams that have been fine under my T5s. I had a maxima on the sandbed 21". The T5s are overdriven by an IceCap660.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10500446#post10500446 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by itZme
I have several clams that have been fine under my T5s. I had a maxima on the sandbed 21". The T5s are overdriven by an IceCap660.

Ummm that should say 21" deep. It is about 24" from the lights.

My T5 lights are also overdriven by icecap660, I think I'll give it a try. I think the best thing to do is get the clam from a local. That way I know exactly what I am buying. I like the blue ones.

clams

clams

I bought a couple frags and 5 crocea clams from FraggleReef.

2 of the clams were $29 each and 3 were $19 each.
They sent me a really nice color range and variety.

With the free shipping and the other frags...well I couldn't be happier than...well you know.

Maybe I got lucky but mine were really nice.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10598978#post10598978 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sohal1025
Did you also have to pay for shipping?
(I always add that to the price of the piece I am buying)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10540530#post10540530 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CleveYank
With the free shipping and the other frags...well I couldn't be happier than...well you know.

Back