crushed coral

topside

I've had a crushed coral for over a year now and most everything is doing well, but once in a while my ammonia does come up a bit, and I compensate with water changes. My question would be that I've heard all kinds of horror stories about it, but with good skimming and a watchful eye, I think i"m okay until I upgrade. What other bad things can happen?

Rouselb

IMO regular water changes and weekly siphoning will allow you to use CC. I ran with CC for years.

topside

Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. Long as i'm on top of it it seems fine. Mushrooms and Anemones are way good... thanks for imput guys

BLKTANG

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12269972#post12269972 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by topside
So you don't ever have that problem with sand?????

I personally hate sand,but my wife likes it so i gotta give a tad.After all she lets me spend whatever i want on my reef.:D

I have a SSB maybe 1" in some spots.

Like rouselb said i think with good weekly WC's you can get away with alot of things.

topside

Wow, if all it took was sand for my wife to let me spend what I wanted on my tank, I'd convert in a second.. Spread the love......

BLKTANG

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12270260#post12270260 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by topside
Wow, if all it took was sand for my wife to let me spend what I wanted on my tank, I'd convert in a second.. Spread the love......

:D