Cucumber

rone_kevin66

So I've been on the fence for a long time now about getting one. I just think they are a very cool and useful addition. I was looking at getting a tiger tail. Just wondering what some of your experience it with them good or bad. I also know they have to possibly to nuke a tank.

I have some in my 210.. they are fantastic at keeping sand clean... they eat and poop out fine sand... never too worried about nuking tank.. it would have to sit there and rot for that to happen and nothing goes uneaten if dead in my tank hehe

I have some in my 210.. they are fantastic at keeping sand clean... they eat and poop out fine sand... never too worried about nuking tank.. it would have to sit there and rot for that to happen and nothing goes uneaten if dead in my tank hehe

Thanks for the input. Just looking for good and unique member for my cuc

I had a sea hare in my DT that was pretty cool and gross. He cleaned up the hair algae, but I moved him to the frag tank to clean it up.He then disappeared/died. I should have left him in the 210.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all. At least I never once had any issues with him. He would blend in with the rock work sometimes and then you find him out of nowhere. It became a fun game with the kids to find him. Like "Where's Waldo".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a sea cucumber in my 120. its a very strange specimen... its always on the highest part of my rock and always in the same spot. he never moves lol at night it has its mouth open and what looks like baby tree roots that work as filter feeding. does the polar opposite of what a sea cucumber should haha

i have a sea cucumber in my 120. its a very strange specimen... its always on the highest part of my rock and always in the same spot. he never moves lol at night it has its mouth open and what looks like baby tree roots that work as filter feeding. does the polar opposite of what a sea cucumber should haha
What kind do you have

uploadfromtaptalk1463871199191.jpg
Here is the cucumber in my tank. Unsure of what species it is. Was on the rock when i purchased it and i believe it was in this very spot the whole time it was in cuzza's tank. Kinda cool to look at it at night when its feeders are out. Doesnt go in the sand tho haha

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

View attachment 350790
Here is the cucumber in my tank. Unsure of what species it is. Was on the rock when i purchased it and i believe it was in this very spot the whole time it was in cuzza's tank. Kinda cool to look at it at night when its feeders are out. Doesnt go in the sand tho haha

looks cool I wonder what kind it is I do like that color.

It 's either of color morph of Pentaca anceps or a very closely related species. They are filter feeders and not the sandbed detrivores that come to mind when most reefers think of a sea cucumber

It 's either of color morph of Pentaca anceps or a very closely related species. They are filter feeders and not the sandbed detrivores that come to mind when most reefers think of a sea cucumber
I can agree with you there. This thing has no desire to be anywhere close to the sand haha and i actually like that i can walk over to the tank and see him. For some reason stuff that lives in the sand out of sight worries me.

Still cool looking but not looking for more of a filter feeder but something that would cruse the rocks and sand and help clean it.

Back