How long does it take for new anenomes to find their place if they do wander?

Mxx

I'm about to add some bubble-tip anenomes. And if they don't like their location where they are placed, then is there any sort of typical timeframe that they might decide to wander around before they settle please? 24 hours? A week? (Yes I know it's quite unpredictable, but still).

I was really hoping they'd settle on either of two particular islands, so I bought some plastic mesh fencing in order to build a "Nem Coral", to contain them in, (especially as I haven't found nem covers available for my Turbelle powerheads). But I was wondering how long to try to keep that fence around them before they have a pretty good chance of likely staying put for a while??? Thanks!

If all the conditions are to their liking, they can settle down in a day or two. If the conditions are not how they like, or if good conditions change for even a short time, they will move without warning and will keep moving until they find the conditions they want. They will also split as they grow, and then one or both will relocate after the split.

Back