Decoration and fish Suggestions

ARTindall

In my tank, i only have live rock right now but don’t know if i should get more decor for my fish. Currently there are no fish but we are planning on getting clown fish, damsel, a sea cucumber or urchin. Wethink there should be more in there but aren’t sure.

We also are looking for fish suggestions, we would like an urchin and sea cucumber, but i know my boyfriend wants a cc starfish, and I know they can hurt other marine life. We also need suggestions on cleaner crews (snails, crabs, cucumbers, etc) i would like to get some pompom crabs as well, but I really don’t know for certain if they get along with other invertebrate. We ideally (like most people) would like everything to get along and not eat each other.

we have also ordered a powerhead, but didn’t order an air pump

29 gallon tank

Can you post a picture of your tank? To be honest, decorate the tank however you like as long as you don’t include decor that might harm your inhabitants.

For fish, if you want a clown and damsel, start with that but be careful as some damsels can be aggressive. Depending on the species of damsel you select should help us suggest other fish.

For the cleanup crew, any mix of reef safe snails and hermits should be fine. I like the following vendors for cleanup crews:
KPaquatics.com
Reefcleaners.com
Reeftopia.com

Chocolate chip stars will eat corals, so if you want coral I would not get one.

Oh, you don’t necessarily need an air pump, why do you think you need one?

A good powerhead will help.

Can you post a picture of your tank? To be honest, decorate the tank however you like as long as you don’t include decor that might harm your inhabitants.

For fish, if you want a clown and damsel, start with that but be careful as some damsels can be aggressive. Depending on the species of damsel you select should help us suggest other fish.

For the cleanup crew, any mix of reef safe snails and hermits should be fine. I like the following vendors for cleanup crews:
KPaquatics.com
Reefcleaners.com
Reeftopia.com

Chocolate chip stars will eat corals, so if you want coral I would not get one.

Back