Cupramine test darker with time

karaim

Treating fish with Cupramine and am using Salifert test kit.

After about 15 seconds, the test kit shows copper at .2. After about 2 minutes, it goes to about .5.

The instructions say measure after 15 seconds if testing for non chelated copper (i.e. cupramine).

Any thoughts?

that is the Seachem test kit.

take a good look at your link there... it says www.SEACHEM.com

the salifert kit, 2mls of test water, 5 drops of reagent. mix and read at 10 and 20mins.

i have the seachem kit too and it is impossible for me to differentiate between .30 and .50.

If you are talking about the Seachem copper test kit they have revised the instructions:

Thanks for the email and for using our products! We have actually found that when taking the copper reading using the Multitest: Copper test kit, you want to wait until the blue color reaches its maximum color intensity. This can take anywhere from 1-5 mins. We have since changed the instructions on all newer labels, but older ones will still be in circulation for a while. I hope this clears up any confusion and please let us know if you have any additional questions. Have a great day!

I love Cupramine, but I don't like their test kit and now that they have done a complete 180 on how long to wait for the varying hard to read blue color I really don't like it.

pencil3: When and how did you get this info?

This week from Seachem tech support via email.

I love Cupramine, but I don't like their test kit and now that they have done a complete 180 on how long to wait for the varying hard to read blue color I really don't like it.

pencil3: When and how did you get this info?

Back