cupramine with angels

CorbetJackson50

please post your success or lack there of. I want hands on long term results. Please refrain from "I heard, I think", and the such.

I've personally used cupramine on- flame, bi color, multi color, lemon peel, blueface, tegal, scribbled, emperor, flagfin, chrysurus, poma, french, and passer angles at .35 to .5 ppm with no I'll effects.

I have treated a Queen, Eibli, and potters with no ill effects. All three fish have been alive in captivity and crypto free for over two years.

I also use it on pretty much everything else that I receive, including a black dog face puffer and saw no ill side effects. It's important to monitor the effective dose and maintain it there. I test the CU concentration every day or every other day at a minimum.

this is what i like to hear! Ill be treating a flame angel along with 4 lyretail anthias, melanarus wrasse, mcosckers wrasse, and a copper band butterfly.

what test kit do you use to test copper levels. i think the only one at my lfs is the api and I've heard a lot of negative reviews

I've used the API and the Seachem kit. I never had a problem with the API, but I heard that others have, so I switched to Seachem because they are the manufacturer of Cupramine.

However, I find the distinction between 0.3 and 0.5 on the curparmine test to be difficult to determine - the colors just aren't as differential as i'd like them to be. If the Salifert has better degrees of color difference, I'd go with that.

I had an API kit and had a very hard time testing Cuprimine. I saw basically almost no color difference at the recomended dosage. Then I came on here and read that API is not a good test kit for cuprimine, but can be ok for other types of copper treatments.

I use straight copper 0.15 to 0.3 ppm metallic on many different angels without problem.

I do not use cheleated copper as I always want to use UV, which could break the cheleating bond, I was told.

well i dosed 4ml in a 46g qt and things arrnt looking so good lots of the fish are breathing very rapidly and laying on the bottom.

Just read over the bottle. Even though the instructions say 1ml per ten gallons right away, thats too much . I stretch it out over 5 to 7 days. Do a water change asap.

well i just put a boat load of carbon in the canister.... i don't have water mixed up and dont have time either. how fast Will carbon remove the copper? i think it may be too late the angel is almost swimming up side down on occasion. keep your fingers crossed

I've used cupramine on a flame angel and even a puffer with no ill effects. The key is to bring the levels up slowly over a course of about a week. 1 drop per gallon every other day until you have reached your desired concentration.

Terrible luck with cupramine and flame angels other angels did well other than getting hhle but recovered quickly after removal of cupramine

Back