Current T5 Nova vs. Current Orbit PC

unmc2001

I am considering getting one of these two. The Current T5 Nova seems to be somewhat new on the market, Does anyone have any experience with them and how it would compare to the Current Orbit fixture. I am looking at 36" Nova 4 X 39W and the Orbit 2 X 96W.

I have the orbit --but there was a big thread a month ago about everyone saying t-5's can have better lighting and less wattage, but it depends on how good it reflects light. I'm sure the Current is fine, but the guys were fans of Tek 5 and I've always liked the look of the Geismann fixtures myself

I have a 4 x 65 watt orbit. I like it, but I am def moving to MH w/t5's. Replacing the bulbs is a pain and they are expensive. I got some at my local LFS and they were used bulbs selling as new. Someone wrote the date on them and returned the old ones. I would go T5 or MH if I were you. Your gonna want that in the long run anyway.

Tek Light

Tek Light

If you're looking for a lighthood with T5, can't go wrong with Sunlight Supply Tek Light... they have individual relectors on each lightbulb which greatly increases the light to be directed straight into the tank.

I have the Nova t-5, all I did was buy individual reflectors and clipped them on when I bought the unit. I keep star polyps and a LTA under these lights and both look great.

Back