Custom Rimless Tank, Stand & Sump For Sale

Tswifty

Up for sale is my custom acrylic rimless setup. Since everything was built custom for this setup. I'm selling this as a package only. The tank is located in Murrysville, PA and I can deliver this within reasonable distance.

Tank, Stand, Sump and Plumbing - $500

Tank:
  • 30" x 22" x 16" Tall - RIMLESS
  • 3/4" Acrylic
  • External Overflow Box drilled for 3 -1" bulkheads
Sump:
  • 30.5" x 21" x 15" Tall
  • 1/2" Acrylic
  • Built in ATO Reservoir
  • Skimmer, Refugium & Return Pump Section
Stand:
  • 42.5" x 24.5" x 36" Tall
  • Built in ballast holder
  • Mounted light for refugium
Plumbing:
  • 1-1/2" PVC Return Line to Manifold w/ 5 - 1" outlets
  • 2 - 1" Hoffer Gurgle Busters tied to a common 1-1/2" drain line & 1 - 1" Siphon Line controlled by a ball valve
*If I was going to re-plumb this I would use BeanAnimal's method. This tank was originally built with that plumbing setup in mind. However, I went another direction. The 1" siphon line keeps the tank silent, but the plumbing is not a clean as I would have liked it.

Pictures ( Taken July 28th 2012):

Tank & Stand

TankSale1.jpg

Tank

TankSale5.jpg

Tank & Sump

TankSale4.jpg

Manifold

TankSale2.jpg

Outside of stand

TankSale3.jpg

Inside of stand
TankSale6.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Chef! How've you been?

Unfortunately no. I haven't had the time for a tank for a while now, and figured it's stlll going to be a few years until I'll have the time to get back into the hobby at the level I want. So I made the tough decision a month or so ago to start cleaning out storage. The tank system, lighting, and a few odds and ends are all that's left now.

Does anyone know if this setup is still available?
Someone has committed to purchasing the setup, but we have not settled on a date to make the exchange. I will call them to confirm they still plan on buying the tank, and if not, I will begin responding to PM's in the order I have received them.

It's still available. The buyer was unable to convince his landlord to allow him to set up the tank. I'll begin responding to PM's today.

I can't believe you still have that. Man that tank was beautiful when you had it set up.

I can't believe you still have that. Man that tank was beautiful when you had it set up.
I Know. It's No Secret I'm In No Hurry To Sell It. I'm Actually Looking To Move Relatively Soon, So I've Been Considering Pulling It Off And Setting It Up Again. We'll See Though.

Back