Damsels and Chromis Lifespan Survey

Chromis adjust their own numbers to fit the tank. My experience is 1 per 100 gallons will thrive and bother nobody else.

The Fiji blue devil is actually a fairly mild fellow.

Two to avoid: one-spot dascyllus or the damsel that has a white and an azure stripe on a black body. The dascyllus grow huge fast---I had to rehome one the size of my palm and unless raised from infancy with other damsels will attempt to kill them all. And succeed. The azure stripe damsel while beautiful is the meanest of a tough lot.

Chromis adjust their own numbers to fit the tank. My experience is 1 per 100 gallons will thrive and bother nobody else.

The Fiji blue devil is actually a fairly mild fellow.

Two to avoid: one-spot dascyllus or the damsel that has a white and an azure stripe on a black body. The dascyllus grow huge fast---I had to rehome one the size of my palm and unless raised from infancy with other damsels will attempt to kill them all. And succeed. The azure stripe damsel while beautiful is the meanest of a tough lot.

Thanks. What's your opinion of the Three Striped and Four Striped and Lemon Damsels?

I like the look of Chrysiptera Cyanea but would they be too aggressive for a community tank? Their tankmates will be PJ Cardinals, a Royal Gramma, pair of YWGs, African Flameback Angel and a pair of Ocellaris Clowns.

THe 3 and 4 stripe are capable of growing large and taking out other fish. The lemon I have no experience of though most of the single color damsels are quieter and more peaceful. One caution. Damsels hate chromis and will kill them---particularly the dascyllus will.

THe 3 and 4 stripe are capable of growing large and taking out other fish. The lemon I have no experience of though most of the single color damsels are quieter and more peaceful. One caution. Damsels hate chromis and will kill them---particularly the dascyllus will.

Alright. Thanks. I guess no 3-Stripe or 4-Stripe but you think the Blue Devil and Fiji Devil are okay?

Back