DC4 updates

alrha

Premium Member
when using DC4, do they relay back to the controller their status? or do they just follow their commands and the controller assumes it is as it was last commanded?
secondly, do the DC4 outlets "check themselves" against the controller to make sure they are in the correct state? or does the controller re-send it's commands at certain intervals to make sure everything that should be on or off is so?

The AquaController does not know the actual status of the relay output. The AquaController sends each command twice whenever its state changes. Also at the 'x10 Repeat Interval' it refreshes the state of all the controlled devices (default is 5 minutes).

Curt

I do nto currently own an AquaController but am considering. Does each outlet on a dc4 have its own X10 address? Also, do they DC4's plug directly into the controller or do they both plug into a house outlet?

Reason I ask is I have seen issues with receiving X10 commands in house outlets. Now I know a bridge is supposed to fix this but I would rather like to avoid this.

each DC4 can be set up to 4 consecutive addresses (A1-A4 for example) with each outlet having its own address.
The DC4 plugs directly into an outlet and a phone wire goes from the controller to the DC4 to give the commands. (each DC4 can also link up to another one with a phone wire to controll more DC4s). As such they do not have the issues regular X-10s might have.

Back