Deep Blue Stand...ugh

This is more of rant vs a product review...

First off, what's the deal with the center brace, why in this day and age are companies still using these. I understand it probably cuts down on material cost not having to use thicker material everywhere else, but seriously a 12 inch wide center brace??? Next, the overflow holes, you would think they would make a different design to accommodate corner over flows versus two large off center, again I realize its cheaper to have one stand to suit multiple tank, but it's very difficult to get in there tighten bulkheads and tank needs to be shifted off center for them to fit.

I realize I should have really inspected having to work underneath this before I purchased the combo. I have been thinking to trying to retrofit some 2x4 braces to maybe remove the center brace.

Ok, end of rant.... Happy Easter everyone!!!

If you do decide to mod your stand, please post pics and description as I also bought a deepblue stand for the 75 and am not too thrilled about the center brace

The center brace on top or in front of the stand? If its on top I can make you up a couple braces outta hardwood that you could put in there and Iam sure it would be stronger than what they gave you intially just let me know and I will see what I can do to assist you with that.

Make sure to keep it well ventilated, especially if you keep a refugium in it. I had that stand in my 90 and after 2 years it was falling apart. It was partially my fault though because I let it stay very humid down there.

Make sure to keep it well ventilated, especially if you keep a refugium in it. I had that stand in my 90 and after 2 years it was falling apart. It was partially my fault though because I let it stay very humid down there.

Awesome, I knew I should have just had someone build it.

I have a 30L in mine, decent size for me. If there were no center brace a 40 B would be perfect

+1 on build. Plus your tank is 16in high if im correct. You can build your stand 35-40 high so that you can see in your tank better. My left side of my build is exactly the dimensions you want, with no center grace in the front. Ill post a pick later.

8C2B568D-05E8-4DD8-BEC9-F341A5687A23-5816-0000098569E42873_zps81250870.jpg

the cost for the frame wont run you more then $30-$40. the rest of the cost is entirely up to you based on what wood and finish you choose. still much cheaper and sturdier then any commercial stand other then metal.

Back