Deluxe / Red Dragon Size

SD_Reef

Hi Slief,

I am building a new system with a 320 gallon display and an 80 gallon sump. I need some help selecting the most appropriate skimmer and return.

The sump will be configured with an automatic fleece roller, followed by the skimmer chamber, two media reactors, return chamber, and then a post-return refugium. The media reactors and the refugium will be fed water through a manifold off of the return. The sump will be located in the stand beneath the tank. I was looking at the the Red Dragon 100w or 150w. Do you have a recommendation?

Also I am trying to determine whether the Bubble King Deluxe 200 or 250 skimmer would be better for my setup. Bioload is a bit vague for me at this stage, and I think I will have a moderate or heavy bioload with time as I stock new fish and they grow larger. But it's a little hard to say for sure, and a little flexibility would be nice. Since the automatic fleece filter will hopefully reduce the dissolved organics I was leaning toward the 200, but didn't want to undersize too much if the 250 might give me more flexibility. What do you suggest?

Thanks!

Back