Devoted Reefer 250

Attempting to be better at testing my tank, right now it isn't a huge concern. Once I have more coral in the tank I will keep better track. Before my water change I tested dKH it came back 8.4, tested my freshly mixed Red Sea Coral Pro salt 12.8dKH. Four hours after my water change I tested dKH and it came back 8.5, on Sunday evening I tested again 8.4 skipped Monday and tested on Tuesday came back at 8.3dKH. I will be testing tonight and again on Saturday. I've been using the Coral Pro salt for months now, I would have suspected that my dKH would be a little higher. Granted I am doing a weekly 5 gallon water change, total water volume is 65 gallons +-1 gallon. I may look at a different salt if my demands pickup and I do 2 weekly water changes. Otherwise I will look into an alternative method of stability.

Aside from that I noticed this morning that the nem that has been in my tank for a few months now split. Never owned a BTA until recently, very beautiful piece.

EDA616EB-27BB-4994-9077-3DDD6C9A16B9_zpshghno2mu.jpg~original

Stay tuned, looking to have a new light over the tank in a few weeks!

Last edited:
Apparently PhotoBucket changed their TOS without notification. All of the images on this thread no longer work as you may have noticed. Photobucket is trying to charge $400 a year to share images on third party sites, as of right now I have access to all of my files on their site. I don't know if I will ever get them updated again, I am looking for a new host and will continue documenting my journey on this thread.

Back