Did my Toadstool Leather relocate overnight?

Etoimos

I the picture below you can see my Toadstool at the top left of the rock structure where was last night when the lights went out.

Corals-Critters-9288.jpg

This morning he is all the way down on the sand bed, right next to the Frogspawn in the lower left of the photo. He is standing up right with the LR he is attached to sitting nicely on the sand bed.

Can they completely move like that and take their LR with them? Or is it more likely that my Tuxedo Urchin (at the base of the Frogspawn in that photo) knocked him off the rocks (he was not glued down)? The urchin is on the Toadstool's LR this morning. Both scenarios seem odd since it's sitting perfectly upright.

It does not look happy, but the lights are off still, so it might just be "in for the night".

Should I be concerned that the Toadstool and Frogspawn are nearly touching when they are both retracted?

Here is another shot of the Toadstool and his LR up on the base rock before the move. This one should show the size of the Toadstool to the LR if that helps any...

Corals-Critters-9278.jpg

Thanks. I was leaning towards that conclusion. What are the odds that it landed up right like it did.

Hopefully my coral glue shows up today and I can glue it to that spot on the rocks.

I ended up leaving the Toadstool where it was this morning when I left for work. Hopefully it and the Frogspawn will not destroy each other before I get home to separate them.

I don't glue everything down.
Part of the overall placement strategy is "what is this going to land on and how bad is that going to turn out?"

Finding a place for our Grube's gorgonian that couldn't be affected by swaying Kenya Trees was another concern.

Photosynthetic sponges and mushrooms don't go well together....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I separated them after work yesterday. The toadstool had some irritation on it where they where touching, but brought some polyps out in that area shortly after moving him.

I've not wanted to glue anything down in case it did not like the location I picked for it. But the toadstool does best up on that rock and is too prone to falling off.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Your toadstool fell of the rocks and because it attached to a rock, rock is heavier then toadstool itself and that is why it landed standing up

Back