Discount aquarium grand reopening

Da Kind Reef

I'm going to go check out the grand reopening tomorrow. Have not been out there yet due to them being so far but I'm going to be out that way. Was wondering if anyone else is going or has ever been out there if so how is the shop / livestock.

been plenty of times, it is hard to say how the livestock is as this remodel created a little more room for fish and a LOT more room for coral. It was honestly a little dirty before, but the prices were good, they took trade ins and carried a good used stock of equipment.

Ill be out there tomorrow, need to replace my clown that went tile surfing and look at a few other fish he should have in stock. Might stock up on some more CUC there too. He should have a good coral selection there im just not in the market for coral right now.

I have been there a couple times and have NEVER been impressed with their livestock, customer service or general store sanitary conditions.

It was looking pretty good last week, nice and opened up, with a display tank and "library" area where the register used to be crammed. I work all weekend, but plan to be by Tuesday.

I'm honestly surprised to see Chris still dealing with used equipment. There's a reason none of the other stores will touch the stuff.

Well he must still have a market for the used equipment. One of the reasons I'm going out there is I have equipment that I need gone and I need fish, clean up crew and coral. I like that he takes the used equipment.

I agree, he must be doing something right, because he turns enough of it...

I can't wait to see the final product of the remodel; like I said, it was looking good last Friday except they were out of everything alive except (luckily) the live rock rubble I needed in preparation for being closed this week...

It seems like they are definitely taking a step in the right direction. The store looks much nicer and cleaner. I hope they keep up the clean look and keep their tanks in good condition. I enjoy stopping in and purchased a small desjardini tang about a month ago from their new tanks they were setting up and he is doing great.

Just got home from discount, although I had seen the layout a week ago, the place looked new and nice. It was still crowded in the coral room since there were so many people there at once, but overall it looks great. Picked up some Dispar Anthias, a torch frag and some pods.

I got 3 disbar anthias, 2 yellow tangs, 1 powder blue tang, 1 sixline wrasse, 1 diamond goby, clean up crew, 2 cleaner shrimp, flame scallop, a few coral frags some food dry and frozen. Everything look very healthy.

The place did look pretty darn good today, We were there for a short time right after opening but I also got one of the electric flame scallops, I can already see the "lightning" mine is doing. Also got the mocha clown I wanted and cpl cups of pods. All the fish looked really healthy, the equipment room was much more organized. I did like that little lounge by the front door with the display tank and mini reef library. All in all a definite needed and nice upgrade. Will be back for some pep shrimp and other CUC I need soon.

I stopped by today as well, and I have to say it looks much much better. I like how they moved the front desk to the middle of the store, it now has a much more open feel. The tanks looked clean. They did a great job.

I went in there about a year ago and the place was dirty and a mess. I never returned, maybe I will go back now that it is cleaner

Back