disease?

kray

i got 2 horses for christmas from my mom. one has a white line down one side that runs from tail to the head fin. It seems to have eaten some of the fin but the hores can still swim. She has been eating and swiiming every day. i don't have any pics to show because i'm at school. please help if you can. if you need any more info please let me know.
thanks

can you tell us more about the fishes color (dusky, powdery... pale?), gill respiration (closing one gill, fast gilling, etc?)... passing normal feces?

Do see about getting some Beta Glucan for starters (before the pathology is diagnosed properly) atthe local vitamin store (GNC, etc). Feed this supplement to your brine shrimp or other live shrimp. Else squeeze the juice out of thawed frozen food and soak the Beta Glucan in. Feed it daily for the next week at least!

But without a pic or better description... a meds recommendation would not be prudent.

This is not a common seahorse disease. In order to make a better diagnosis and treatment suggestion can you provide

tank parameters

tank history
How long you've had the tank
How long you've had the horses
Origin of horses
Any new cahnges in the tank in the last 6 weeks.
What else is in your tank

Without a pic it is hard to tell.

Does the line floow the curvature of the back?

Are you sure it is not a marking?

today the horse seems perfect. the line down the side is not as long as last week so i think she's gettin' better. Thanks for the help.

are you sure it is not a normal marking? it would be most helpful if you could post a picture, in case there is a problem we can help you with.

well today the hore has no line down her bdy so i think shes ok. she eats like a pig as do my other two. thanks for all the input.

Back