Dive trip to Fiji

That's good to know...did not realize that. We were looking seriously at Taveuni, but will need to reconsider now. Namena is a must for me as well.

Amazing footage, BTW.

You could stay a night or 2 on Namena and the rest on Taveuni. The bure's on Namena are on the top of the island overlooking the reef and have an amazing view. They are not fancy and may not have AC (don't remember) but the diving, view and beach are awesome. Or a couple of nights at the Koro Sun and dive with Namena Divers located at the Koro Sun. They do a day trip to Namena with lunch on the Island and a kava ceremony in the afternoon before heading back to the resort, again awesome! No other op has access to the island, they have a dive shop on Namena also. I actually wish we had split our trip between a couple of different islands. Namena video is coming.

You could stay a night or 2 on Namena and the rest on Taveuni. The bure's on Namena are on the top of the island overlooking the reef and have an amazing view. They are not fancy and may not have AC (don't remember) but the diving, view and beach are awesome. Or a couple of nights at the Koro Sun and dive with Namena Divers located at the Koro Sun. They do a day trip to Namena with lunch on the Island and a kava ceremony in the afternoon before heading back to the resort, again awesome! No other op has access to the island, they have a dive shop on Namena also. I actually wish we had split our trip between a couple of different islands. Namena video is coming.

Thanks for the recommendation. We will likely stay on Vanua Levu, as the wife is not too keen on bures without A/C. Looks like a number of the dive ops out of Savusavu do trips to Namena Preserve. I don't need to have access to Namena Island as long as I can dive the Preserve.

Thanks for the recommendation. We will likely stay on Vanua Levu, as the wife is not too keen on bures without A/C. Looks like a number of the dive ops out of Savusavu do trips to Namena Preserve. I don't need to have access to Namena Island as long as I can dive the Preserve.

I understand the no AC thing. I'm fond of it myself. You will love the diving.

Thinking about going in end of Jan/early Feb....but not sure if the weather is prohibitively rainy then.

It is the rainy season then but I'm not sure how bad it actually gets. Check for rainfall history, should give you an idea. We went the first of June and had 2-3 days of rain and lots of wind.

Think of staying at Namena Island Resort for 3 nights and maybe somewhere else the rest of the time...any ideas? How would I arrange travel from Namena to the next site?

Think of staying at Namena Island Resort for 3 nights and maybe somewhere else the rest of the time...any ideas? How would I arrange travel from Namena to the next site?

To and from Namena is by boat only from Savusavu. To get to other islands would probably be by plane from Savusavu. We stayed at the Koro Sun resort outside of Savusavu and really liked it but if you need a beach they do not have one. There is good diving right in front of the Koro Sun. I would really like to stay on Taveuni island a few nights the next time we go. I really can't recommend a resort but there are several. I would call Namena more of an island getaway than a resort. There are only 3 bure's and what I would call a club house where they serve food and drinks. The beach on the back side of Namena is exactly what you expect in Fiji it's awesome!! It's very possible you could have the entire island to yourself. I hope to have the first video of Namena done this weekend.

Fantastic.

Too bad there aren't any Anthius to be seen! J/K

The schools of fish at about 4:30 blow me away!!

It was really hard to pick out the different kinds of anthias because of the overwhelming numbers. They were constantly on the move. There is also a lot of Midas blennies mixed in the schools of anthias.

I love fiji!

I love fiji!

Beqa Island is my favorite place, but anywhere in Fiji is amazing. The people are awesome and the diving is fantastic. The hardest part of my trip was deciding what I wanted to do more dive or the land activities. Your videos are stunning! Thanks for posting them.

Beqa Island is my favorite place, but anywhere in Fiji is amazing. The people are awesome and the diving is fantastic. The hardest part of my trip was deciding what I wanted to do more dive or the land activities. Your videos are stunning! Thanks for posting them.

It was really hard to choose where to go, there are so many options. The next time we go I hope to visit several islands, Beqa being one of them.

Back