DIY Large PVC Recirculating Protein Skimmer

I found someone on Ebay and he has laser cutting machine, He got this 10" defuser placer for me that has 1/4" holes and he charged me 27 bucks for this plate and it was worth it. three is plenty of reaction time in this skimmer and so far worked good ...

So you need an alita air pump to use the reeflo skimmer pump? i used to see MRC skimmers with hammerhead needlewheel pumps for higher pressure. do you know if they still make these?

Reason why I use the pump is because of the length, Height of the skimmer without neck and collection cup is 5 feet so it is hard for the pump to suck air and it was struggling, So i had to feed air with airpump through air intake and it turned out to be good move, Air pump air is going through the Ozone generator and output of the ozone is going to air intake of the pump so I am seeding ozone through the pump and it seems to work the best so far, MRC still makes those pumps but due to price i did not go that route, Down the road I will change the pump for now it is doing great job, Collection cups always have froth and it stinks lol ....but it is good thing

Update on the skimmer

Attachments

• skimmer performance.jpg
    skimmer performance.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 2
  • waste collection.jpg
    waste collection.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2
Back