DIY Wood Stand - Ned Help.

Funkie

Hello. So i'm planning to build DIY stand. But i don't know what size lumber should i use? 2x4" planks would be a overkill i think..

The plan is to build like in the images. But at this size (DxLxH) 50x80x110 Centimeters (in inches 20x32x43") My aquarium is tall 150 liters. (40 gallons)

I want also to have some safety margins.. Like lets say the stand needs to hold at least 3 times the intended weight. ☺️

Can i go 1x2" lumber? I will be screwing sheet of 25mm(1") plywood on top and bottom.

Any inputs? Thanks in advance. 🫶

Also question - Do aquarium needs to sit right on top of the legs? Can i build stand little bigger and put very thick plywood on top and place the aquarium in middle of stand? Lets take first image for example. The aquarium would sit past the legs. It would be positioned right on top of the front opening.

I want the stand to have a little countertop area around the aquarium.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 15
Hey, Re: 1x2. You can use, but remember we live in earthquake country. If you use 1x2, I would wrap a plywood skin on the sides and back.
The aquarium does not need to sit on the corners. I would use minimum 1/2" plywood for the top, with 3/4 even better.

Back