Do you find yourself..

Umm tax returns, Apex Controller or new tires for the Motorcycle.... ummmmm

I owe taxes... :(

But my bonus got me a apex, skimmer, lights, and more for the tank.

For my commuter GSXr it got a new set of Q3s and chain
For the track 675 it will be a couple sets of tires and money set aside for track fees.

I am gonna get a wavemaker next, When I worked at the local reef store a long time ago this guy came in with the coolest wavemaker I have ever seen. It was this huge bulky box that sat a top a big ol 1100 gal tank. tom shanes old tank for anyone who lives in colorado (the diamond guy). Anyway it would fill up to a point at which time it would lift a float valve up and all the water would come gushing out making a big wave. It was all handmade and I have never seen one like it for sale. that would be a cool project.

Buy, buy buy! I always figure that I will be dead a lot longer than alive and I aint leaving it for anyone else to spend! this started as a hobby, quickly became an obsession and is now completely addictive! and I have come to realize that saltwater tank livestock eat money as well as food! I wondered for a few days if I needed an ATO...... got one and couldn't live without the thing now. then I thought do I reeeeaaaaly need that Apex? got it yesterday (I love it when the reef faires as my better half calls them leaves me things, the rest of us call it UPS and finally did i need the lunar module and the vortech wireless controller? you bet your tail I did, after being out of the hobby for 30 years we now have almost perfect life support systems for our livestock, my tank looks like ICU units for fish and Corals, so much easier these day than the dark ages when the life expectancy of an expensive fish 10-14 days maybe a month if you were lucky, the idea of keeping these rare and beautiful creatures safely boggles my mind! I am like an old mother hen clucking around her chicks I can monitor my tank and it's parameters from anywhere in the world which is great when I go home to Ireland on vacation, Yes, spend, spend, spend and enjoy the ride, enjoy the obsession and the addiction of this wonderful thing we call a HOBBY!

I don't have a tank yet, but I almost bought a 150 over the weekend. I have no clue how my wife conned me out of that one. I think if I build my own steel stand though, I could swing a 180... :O

Edit: I can see it now... 8 feet long, 18" deep, 24" tall... 180 gallons of awesome.

Tax returns were spent in a matter of hours. Over the course of a week I got to know the UPS man very well. New sump/fuge , skimmer, wave maker, etc for my 180 gallon that I can't set up until I move in October. Hobby my ***...

Being that I've decided to stop spending $ on my current tank due to large expences comming up (moving across country among other things) I find myself planning out in great detail my next tank upgrade, all equipment, set up plan, stocking, drawing up possible rock works...etc. I'm geting myself so excited for my next upgrade probably a year before I can make it happen. I'm setting myself up for an impulse buy of a whole tank setup. For now, I'm trying to fix the reef itch with occasional $5 frags, and research for my next stuff. Eventualy I'll break the bank on the upgrade though, and be in the same situation of having no funds to spend on my reef.

devastaror - I too have a tank upgrade on the horizon. I am planning on a 180 to replace my current 125 fresh water tank. That said a lot of the things I have been buying for my biocube will be moved over to the 180 when I get there and the cube will become a frag tank.

So things like my Apex, supplies, water station, ect are all above what I need for the cube but on par for the 180 when I get there.

That's a good idea, but for the level of upgrade I'm planning would be a huge overkill for my situation. I plan on upgrading form a 40g to a 180-230 tank. The shear level of overkill the equipment I'd like for my large tank just wouldn't make sence for my current 40g. I have used the excuse of recycling to get some more coral frags. "It'll grow out into a decent colony which I can then transfer to my large tank when I upgrade". Solid logic, but gotta leave some room in my current tank for everything to grow. Currently planning on how to best move my tank acros the country. Plan to try to keep my coral and sell off my fish.

I wil be going from a 29 gallon to a 180 so we will both have a massive jump. Though things like water station and apex serve smaller tanks as well.

im debating a bigger tank already HAHA

I am supposed to wait till this fall/winter to get one but I was on craiglist last night and did happen to stumble into a deal that I am looking into but I really think I want to go custom for the next tank and as such will wait.

I'm planning a craigslist/used tank for when I upgrade. I'll see what's available. You can get so much better of a deal used than new. I'd rather get a 300g used than a 210 new, assuming good condition. Probably the same price or even cheaper for the 300. Depends on how lucky you are looking. I'm more than willing to wait for what I want, rather than pay new prices. That's just me though. I don't have the disposable income to justify a new 180+g aquarium.

I'm planning a craigslist/used tank for when I upgrade. I'll see what's available. You can get so much better of a deal used than new. I'd rather get a 300g used than a 210 new, assuming good condition. Probably the same price or even cheaper for the 300. Depends on how lucky you are looking. I'm more than willing to wait for what I want, rather than pay new prices. That's just me though. I don't have the disposable income to justify a new 180+g aquarium.

i am thinking acrylic DIY!

I am fairly confident in making it happen.

i am liking the clean modern look of the no top/canopy and I can get a big enough tank to keep tangs without having to carry heavy glass tanks. I will build it right on the stand =P

Yes and Yes...:headwally:

The constant urge of wanting to go bigger, or getting a frag tank setup, or just one more tank but for the office at work.

Also you want to keep different species of fish that don't go well together, so you have to have a seperate tank for them.

Lately I have been debating (with myself of course) to add T5s in additions to my leds.

Its never going to end is it? :hmm3:

Yes and Yes...:headwally:

The constant urge of wanting to go bigger, or getting a frag tank setup, or just one more tank but for the office at work.

Also you want to keep different species of fish that don't go well together, so you have to have a seperate tank for them.

Lately I have been debating (with myself of course) to add T5s in additions to my leds.

Its never going to end is it? :hmm3:

nope and I have t5 with the LED's and i love the look. BUT the problem is a unit with both at once would be better than multiple fixtures.

my tank has a cool light in the back (where the leds point) and a less contrasty look in the front (where the t5 sits)

Short answer yes! I've been into freshwater for a little over a year. Now I am looking to start my first salt water tank because I want a new challenge and learning experience!

Back