Do you find yourself..

Tax return, won the office Super Bowl board, and "convinced" the wife to get into the hobby too... needless to say in a matter of a week I went from thinking about a 27 gal cube to leak testing a 75 gal that SHE ordered... pics to come eventually... still need to order the rocks and finalize filtration/refugium ideas though. Def. makes things easier when you're BOTH excited about getting the tank up and running!

Tax return, won the office Super Bowl board, and "convinced" the wife to get into the hobby too... needless to say in a matter of a week I went from thinking about a 27 gal cube to leak testing a 75 gal that SHE ordered... pics to come eventually... still need to order the rocks and finalize filtration/refugium ideas though. Def. makes things easier when you're BOTH excited about getting the tank up and running!

hell yea!

just make sure you guys agree on QUARANTINE procedures for new inhabitants. you really don't want to get surprised with a new fish from petco in the tank that brought ICH into the tank!

both of you should learn the severity of NOT quarantining. it has potential for losing ALL your fish and giving TONS of headaches just by dropping a 5$ fish in there...

this just happened

SKU
Description Qty Unit Price Price
AK010162 AquaticLife RO Buddie 3-Stage Reverse Osmosis System w/ Mixed Bed Resin DI Cartridge - 50 GPD
Review this product 1 $99.99 $99.99
EM1251 EcoTech Marine VorTech MP10ES Propeller Pump w/ EcoSMART Driver
Review this product 1 $185.00 $185.00
RS4211 Red Sea Coral Pro Salt Mix 55gal - Bucket
Review this product 1 $26.99 $26.99
UJ00177 AquaMaxx ROX 0.8 Carbon Filter Media - 1 Quart
Review this product 1 $13.49 $13.49
UZ1103 ATI 36 Inch 39W Aquablue Special T5HO Fluorescent Bulb
Review this product 1 $20.99 $20.99
UZ1119 ATI 36 Inch 39W True Actinic 03 T5HO Fluorescent Bulb
UZ1127 ATI 36 Inch 39W Purple Plus T5HO Fluorescent Bulb
Shipping Method: Standard Shipping $15.00
Payment Method: Credit Cards

Sub-Total: $388.44
Shipping: FREE + $15.00 (glass tube handling)
Tax: $0.00
Total: $403.44

I drove over an hour to get a ph probe for my apex even tho I could have just bought it online. Just so I coikd look at fishes and corals, even tho my tanks is overstocked! It's sad

I drove over an hour to get a ph probe for my apex even tho I could have just bought it online. Just so I coikd look at fishes and corals, even tho my tanks is overstocked! It's sad

i was contemplating the extra 150 for 3 day delivery, but it would have only arrived one day earlier lol i need my toys now hhaha

photos please?

I have two major hobbies, my nano reef and competing in fitness shows. They both such up large amounts of money!
My tank is still very new so I'm at the prime of my spending on the tank. Then with fitness I have all my supplements, food, gym fees, contest fees ect. Since its been winter and my off season I've been able to focus my tank which I've really enjoyed! Thank goodness for frags, they are like my payday treat every other week. My goals for the next few months is to just keep the tank very stable, learn as much as I can and not add any fish. That way when I go back to train hopefully I'll have few tank upsets.

I have two major hobbies, my nano reef and competing in fitness shows. They both such up large amounts of money!
My tank is still very new so I'm at the prime of my spending on the tank. Then with fitness I have all my supplements, food, gym fees, contest fees ect. Since its been winter and my off season I've been able to focus my tank which I've really enjoyed! Thank goodness for frags, they are like my payday treat every other week. My goals for the next few months is to just keep the tank very stable, learn as much as I can and not add any fish. That way when I go back to train hopefully I'll have few tank upsets.

Wow grats! Ill offer to help any way i can if you can help me stop eating like crap lol

Ha I have freshwater planted tanks, sw reef tank, hockey, and tracking my motorcycle. Every track weekend is easily $500 without needing any parts. Add in tires and increase 300. Add in chain add in another 200. Add in an oops in turn 3 of the track exiting a chicane and going wide open throttle a split second too early and add in another 3K in bike parts and another 1K in gear and another 10+K in body repair and surgery...

Though then again I have spent nearly 4K in the past 3 months on a nano tank...

First world problems.

Anything you need to know about diet and exercise I can probably help you with [emoji2]

I am familiar with diet and excercise, last year this time i started my routine an dlost about 15 pound over a 6 month span, however i got kinda depressed after a while and started eating like poop. Now I cant seem to get into the swing again and I never really knew what foods to eat.

what I was doing mainly was sticking to meaty foods. turkey bacon, egg whites, no bread, seldom eating vegetables and ti worked great. I think it is called ketosis. When the ketones in blood stay active from carbohydrate starvation.

i cant seem to get inspired to eat good foods again. I crave horrible foods at night and my sleep pattern is out of whack again

I might need a therapist, but internet forums are good alternatives for life advice lol

any tips on getting proper nutrition?

Well it's not easy and it never will be. To lose weight quickly go heavy on your weights ALWAYS. The best exercises are ones that trigger several muscle groups at one time. Like squats, dead lifts, pull ups, push ups, planks ect. Cardio (I hate it) but it must be done after you lift if you have a decent excess of fat to lose. High intensity intervals are the best way to do cardio. Eat lots of veggies but only certain ones.
Broccoli
Spinach salads
Red potatoes (lower on glycemic index) for your carb. Alternate those with sweet potatoes.
Asparagus
Lean steak only
Chicken breast
Turkey
Bison
No fruit except berries (no strawberrys) and 1 Apple a day.
No juice
No milk unless almond
No cheese
Eggs are great
Brown rice
Quinoa
A pinch of salt only and mrs dash is fine (no sodium)
Eat 5-6 meals a day (small ones)
At least two protein shakes a day
You can have peanut butter on a rice cake or almonds as a snack.
Bake, sauté, grill or boil only.
Any foods I didn't mention are like a big fat NO!

:) you will see results in 2-3 week and a huge change in about 6 weeks

Yw! And you can drink all the coffee you want but black is best!

It's work for sure!

What helps me is I make all of my food on Sunday. I eat all the meals through the week then on Saturday I have a cheat day! It's like my reward for all the hard work. Now that my tank is up I'll get a cheat day plus a frag!!!!

If you hit the gym before work that also makes it easier. Sometimes when it's warm out ill do my weights in the morning go to work then have an evening run outside when I get home!

Yw! And you can drink all the coffee you want but black is best!

It's work for sure!

What helps me is I make all of my food on Sunday. I eat all the meals through the week then on Saturday I have a cheat day! It's like my reward for all the hard work. Now that my tank is up I'll get a cheat day plus a frag!!!!

If you hit the gym before work that also makes it easier. Sometimes when it's warm out ill do my weights in the morning go to work then have an evening run outside when I get home!

I dunno where you live, but I DREAD going outdoors in the winter in NYC... I ay start doing free weights at home to start again then hit the gym closer to the summer when i feel better about myself. I remember i once had an 8 pack abs, at that time i was hitting the gym HARD! me and my friend would do it every day! eat right and motivate each-other, then he started doing steroid pills i think it was the octagon shaped ones and he was hitting it harder than I was, i was trying to keep up and then I got a n umbilical hernia, i have been afraid to lift anything decent since then.. my body images has been scarified due to fear of enduring that surgery pain again...

Oh yeah that has to be hard recovering from surgery. I need to get surgery in my hand but I've been avoiding it, i have cysts that make it impossible to do push-ups ect. I live in Kentucky which isn't all that warm so I only run outdoors in spring and fall. I would do some research on the hernia there are a lot of athletes who had them and I'd see how to slowly ease back in. Gyms can be annoying when there are people to distract you. I have social anxiety and I don't do well with "small talk" so I choose to go to one that's very small and centered around personal training. I like it bc most of the people going are in recovery from something or they are elderly. I can focus better when I'm not worried about people trying to talk to me or looking at me.

Back