Do you remember....Tripping down memory lane

Thank you for adding your story to the post Paul. Ever since you had mentioned in your thread (which I follow closely) that you had published one, I had been hoping some day to read it. You may have had already written in your posts with me over looking it, but now I finally got the chance to read it.

And once again you can sure tell the difference between back then and now with this hobby. I have been remembering things over the last few days from when I started, and as well trying to forget some of the bigger mistakes that I made while learning.

About 10 or 15 years ago I was installing MH lights on the roof of the Plaza Hotel in NY overlooking Central Park on a day that was 17 degrees.
I had a few of these fixtures left over and I was thinking real hard what I could do with them.
Then it hit me.
PlazaHotel.jpg

I have wondered where your type of lights came from on your tank. In the pictures of it, I could see them and they looked different from any other that I had seen and it answered a question for me as well that I always wondered that if any type of MH light would work as long as you placed the right bulb in it.

Oh and by the way, there isn't much difference in the temp today than there was back then is there..LOL

Yes the temp is the same.
I don't know why people usually assume that you need to have "aquarium" equipment on a tank. Any ozonizer, air pump or light will work.
Those lights are about $400.00 each and have a nice thick enamel coating. I threw out a few of them that werte used on a Mock up for the Plaza.

I remember when ricordia was inexpensive some might have even come in with your liverock order . Now sold by the head in someplaces

Back