Dosing amino acids

FlatBrokeMedic

Hello all, not sure if this is the correct place for this question.

I recently started dosing Brightwell aquatics Coral amino I dose about 2ml a day. I have read that some people dose amino acids in their top off water, is this a good idea, or even possible, if it is how would I go about figuring out how much amino acid to add to my 5 gallon top off container.

Thanks for any input.

Amino acids would be consumed by bacteria fairly rapidly if added to plain topoff water. That might be fine, depending on your goals. Limewater would act as a preservative, if that's what you're dosing. If you want the the tank to get amino acids themselves, that's probably the easiest way to dose.

My goal is for the corals to get daily aminos, I don’t have a dosing pump. I read of someone dosing aminos in ATO water, just thought it was an interesting idea

My goal is for the corals to get daily aminos, I don't have a dosing pump. I read of someone dosing aminos in ATO water, just thought it was an interesting idea

My goal is for the corals to get daily aminos, I don't have a dosing pump. I read of someone dosing aminos in ATO water, just thought it was an interesting idea

Manually dose or buy a dosing pump..
One could even setup an IV like drip system.

as a side question... how do you like the brightwell amino? have you used any other amino out there on the market to compare? how long have you been using it? I have used fuel and two little fishies acropower and def. can see some added benefit to acropower in my tank with polyp extension on SPS ect. fuel did this also but to a lesser extent.

I really like the brightwells, I have been using it a few weeks now and I'm seeing great polyp extension, I don't have any SPS yet due to having a fairly young tank. I also use gonipower and the corals seem to like it as well. I haven't used any other aminos, I would like to try some of the zeovit line of aminos as well.

My main problem with setting up an IV like drip system is getting the drip rate titrations down to the amounts I dose, which is 2ml of solution per day

Ok...pick up a dosing pump then...Jebao can be had for under $60 on Amazon...Simple..reliable and done..

You could also go with the Kamoer X1 for this. Around the same price and you'll actually get customer service... Jebao would be zero.

I purchased a kamoer x1 from BRS with 10 feet of tubing for under 70 dollars. I figure the price point and the amount of time this pump will run it should last quite a while.

Back