Dosing Pump Buld up Help!!

asmodyus

So I have one of those 3 way jebo dosing pumps and my alkalinity always get clogged. I've tried to research a solution's but found nothing really.

Just wondering if you guys have dealt with this and have figure out something to help prevent it.

Does it get clogged at the pump? Is it only the Alk causing it, or is it just that pump? Maybe try changing the line on that pump.

I would take that head pump appart and relocate the hose. They can build up a memory bend that may cause this.

Sorry I was not more specific its at the end of the tube and only the ALK the Calcium does not do it. The pump is also new maybe 3 months old now.

Not sure if it is the same thing, but on my alk pump, it leaks some at the fittings, I get buildup all over the outside of the tubes. Pulled the pump head apart and all looks well. Did not check the very end of the tube at the sump, will do that today.

The alk component will dry to a white powder that can clog the tip. Not sure on your dosing schedule, but I wonder if reducing the amount and increasing the frequency of dosing would help prevent the alk supplement at the end of the hose from evaporating and drying out, thus preventing the clogging.

Keep the tube above the water line, away from splashing, the water will solidify the alk. Also it can be helpful to cut the tip of the tube at a 45 degree angle, it will clog less. I have not cleaned mine in months with this approach, but you do need to clean it eventually and generally do regular inspections on your dosing system to make sure its dosing correctly.

Keep the tube above the water line, away from splashing, the water will solidify the alk. Also it can be helpful to cut the tip of the tube at a 45 degree angle, it will clog less. I have not cleaned mine in months with this approach, but you do need to clean it eventually and generally do regular inspections on your dosing system to make sure its dosing correctly.

Yeah I have mine about couple inches above the water line with a 45 degree cut it clogs up about every 2 to 3 days.

Back