Downgrading! selling my KILLER 90g complete

microbubbles

yup... me too, i guess. my life has been changing these days and it's been really hard to make this decision, but i've decided to downgrade and let go of my baby. i'm going to remain in the hobby, but just at a smaller scale. building this system and watching my corals flourish within it has brought me so much satisfaction and joy, but the time has come to pass it along and scale down. i can only hope the next owner(s) will enjoy it as much as i have.

tank5.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank1.jpg

i know your average "getting out" rc user on here thinks their system is one of a kind and SHOULDN'T be broken up- understandably so- but this one is a little different. the entire setup has been wet for just under 2 years and no expense was spared in choosing what components to use. all told, i believe i spent 3-4 months of work put into this thing to get it off the ground and it is literally imbued with my blood, sweat and tears. the stand, tank and plumbing MUST go together as a package. it would be criminal to break those three parts apart. i know i'm asking a lot, but i'd like $750.

ALL plumbing (with the exception of the bulkheads) is schedule 80- and all fittings are Spears or Hayward; and everything is connected via true union true union ball valves, so it breaks down conveniently and minimal headaches/water leak during any servicing, or in case you ever have to move.

i know i have over $800+ invested in the plumbing, alone. you don't see systems like this for sale, save for once in a blue moon. Yes, i've seen great tank/stand/canopies sell for dirt cheap lately... this tank is for a very discriminating user... and even at $750, the end user will UNMISTAKEABLY know how much of a bargain he/she is getting.

*eurobraced 90 visio (5 yrs old) - 2 x 1" holes, 4 x 1/2" holes drilled on back, 1.5" drain in overflow. the flow running through the tank can be controlled in a variety of ways- independent ball valves to increase or decrease flow in 3 different zones in within the tank. One caveat- one panel (out of 5 total) of the eurobracing came off when i was servicing the hood and shattered. any glass shop should be able to replace this for less than $50

*wood furniture grade stand - 49" x 21" x 40"+ 2 flush mounted dj power strips, shelves for ballasts/dosing pumps, ample storage to hide wires and prevent splash; pvc manifold feeding chiller, (2) phosban reactors, tee'd and capped for future expansion

and now the rest of the equipment (priced individually):
*ATB medium cone skimmer with Airstar pump. $750

*Schuran Jetstream- brand new, completely unused... lol just for show apparently (i opted for dosing) asking $325... will throw in a beater regulator for free.

*2 x Cole Parmer Masterflex microprocessor doing pump w/ easy load head- both were purchased brand new; one is unworking, the other has been used less than 3 months. keep the broken one for parts. these are profession hospital dosing pumps retail for over $600 each. asking $250 total for both http://www.abbott-ir.com/upload/images/IMG_00813.jpg (the model i have is indentical to this one, but fitted with Masterflex Easyload pump head attached to the side unit w/ an internal motor; i believe the pictured model is the controller only.)

*2 x Lumenbrite DE reflectors- very good condition; no corrosion whatsoever on the reflector itself, only visible flaw is the rust on the screws (can't do anything about that) $200

*Bluewave VII dual 250w DE ballast, with individual power switches. 3 yrs old, but consistent and trusty $100

*Aqualogic 1/3hp Trimline inline chiller, needs freon charge $275

*Medusa dual stage temp controller $70

*Tunze 6200 with single-controller $170

*Panworld 50-pxx pump $50

*PFO 2 x 48" VHO setup (ballast, endcaps, 2 bulbs with less than 2 months of use) $50

*Euro-fil sump (drilled to accomodate silicon hose that connects skimmer:airstar) $25
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OR EVERYTHING for $2500 (healthy discount!) and i'll give you the following for free:

*80% full Tropic Marin Pro Reef 200g bucket

*Matching canopy (damaged)- free if you buy both the mh & vho combos

*less than 1 month old 14k phoenix 250 DE bulb free if you buy the blue wave ballast & both reflectors
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

also have:

*ATI Bubblemaster 200- lightly used, stored for over 1.5 yrs $185
*Reef Octopus Pro- skimmer body ONLY (no pump) $150

I THINK MY PRICES ARE MORE THAN FAIR, BUT HEY, IT'S A RECESSION SO EVERYTHING IS OBO. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ASK AWAY

thanks, stryker!
----------
i should take some more pictures, huh? things aren't moving on RC the way they used to! times sure are a-changing... ALL ITEMS (except for the tank and bluewave ballast) are 1-2 yrs old, in great shape, well-maintained and cared for :)

items pending:
-ati bm200
-bluewave vii

Back