Downspout for return on reef octopus

CrayolaViolence

I must not be calling this the right thing, because I can't find any kind of source for one. I see them on the newer reef octopus though so I know they have to be out there. I'm looking for a piece of pvc or acrylic that will point down ward on the reef octopus return pipe so the water won't shoot out in a jet and splash everywhere. my sump is REALLY tight for this size skimmer and the water almost shoots over the edge. Can someone suggest where to look. I'm thinking I might have to jerry-rig something with PVC from home depot, but if there is a better fitting piece I'd love to find it. Thanks

If it's the same ones I've seen, it just looks like a small 45 deg. clear pvc elbow that they use in the outlet tube. If you want clear instead of white from Home Depot/Lowes, somewhere like US Plastics online would likely have it.

If it's the same ones I've seen, it just looks like a small 45 deg. clear pvc elbow that they use in the outlet tube. If you want clear instead of white from Home Depot/Lowes, somewhere like US Plastics online would likely have it.

The only problem I foresee is the octopus uses metric and home depot doesn't. At least I think that's right. There is a sticker on the outlet that says "british size" or something like that. Not sure if they will have something that fits.

Had to do a 1.5"x1.25" coupling to get it to fit. Here is what I ended up with when I made one.

IMG_5917_zpscx7awsqh.jpg

Dead silent now!

Back