Dr. Foster Smith Refractometer

Vital Sine has a scale that is extremely easy to read. The Drs is not a clear scale at all.

With the Drs it is hard to differentiate between 1.025 & 1.026
With the Vital Sine it's very easy to read 1.0265

It's a more precise piece of equipment.

swimmer

Ok, thanks masterswimmer, that what I was looking for. I'm gonna go with the Viral Sine.

I dont seem to have ay trouble discerning between 1.025 and 1.026 on my Drs F & S refractometer... If you get good light and focus the eye piece so it's sharp, it's very easily read. Good deal for the price!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7502466#post7502466 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by xcreonx
I dont seem to have ay trouble discerning between 1.025 and 1.026 on my Drs F & S refractometer... If you get good light and focus the eye piece so it's sharp, it's very easily read. Good deal for the price!
yeah, I was going to say that, bright light is the key, I piont it towards my Halide and it works awesome!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7502493#post7502493 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefgeek84
yeah, I was going to say that, bright light is the key, I piont it towards my Halide and it works awesome!

I agree..although it did take me a while before I figured out you could spin the eyepiece to focus it.

Can you post a link to the "Dr. Foster Smith brand" Refractometer. Do you mean the Portable Refractometer listed on there site? I don't see their name on it anywhere or any claim that they made it.

It's the 'Portable Refractometer'. It's like $43.

I don't think they make it, it's just their recommended one, and they have it on sale alot. I think it might be a generic label deal.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7502842#post7502842 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LBCBJ
Yes, I'm refering to the "Portable Refractometer" xcreonx mentioned. There's no brand name on it so I figured it was one made for Dr. Foster Smith. Here's a link.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=9957&N=2004+113761

It's half the price of the Vital Sine they offer, so I was a little suspecious and just wondering what the differences were.
The difference would be price and that's about it.

Back