Drab yet beautiful

Peter Eichler

I've managed to collect a pretty decent amount of color morphs in recent weeks. One of my favorites has ended up being these. They're not nearly as striking or dazzling as many others, but I really love them. Are they pretty common and just not offered very often because they don't stand out as much as others?

zoas2014.jpg

Anyhow, lets see some of your subtle beauties.

I have a small colony of those also, wish they would stand out alittle more but they are nice filler.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8110532#post8110532 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SuperNerd
Prettier than the ones I've seen. What type of lighting is it under?:)

T5s, 2 aquablues, 2 Blue +, 1 daylight, 1 actinic. The nice thing about them is they look really nice whether the lights are yellowish or blueish. I'll try to get another pic or two later under different lighting.

LOL Aren't the majority of the light bulbs you listed in the blue end of the spectrum?? :lol:

Either way they are a beautiful coral and pics under different lighting would be interesting. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8110653#post8110653 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SuperNerd
LOL Aren't the majority of the light bulbs you listed in the blue end of the spectrum?? :lol:

Either way they are a beautiful coral and pics under different lighting would be interesting. :)

Yep, but I guess I should have noted that the pic was with the actinic and one blue plus off. With all lights on it ends up looking close to a 14k MH, but the camera picks up a lot of blue with the actinic and blue+ on since they are in the front. That was also with no flash.

This one is with the yellowest light I could get and with a flash.

ZoasSept906025.jpg

A little bluer light with a flash.

ZoasSept906027.jpg

Sorry my camera isn't a little better :(

Also, those are through the glass, not top down. My camera has a heck of a time focusing through the glass as you can see from the first shot.

I've got something real similar to those. For some reason, mine like to extend out real far, regardless of their proximity to the light.

protopalys.jpg

Back